Home Sports Talk
Options

NBA: Lebron James makes NBA history reaching 40 000 career points this evening vs Denver

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2, 2024 7:13PM in Sports Talk

It is now official 1st ever to make 40 000 points in NBA history!!!

Coin collecting interests: Latin America

Sports: NFL & NHL

Comments

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lebron James is sort of amazing, in the class of athletes that take care of their bodies and are able to compete with men about half their age. I'm sure some people believe he should have already retired and they'll downplay this accomplishment by saying the length of his career is why he's set this record. The thing is that he's still playing most probably because he wants to play with or against his son. Whatever his reasons, he is still more than capable of competing at a high level.

Despite his accomplishments some fans still hold "hate" towards him and don't feel he's the GOAT in the NBA.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:

>

Despite his accomplishments some fans still hold "hate" towards him and don't feel he's the GOAT in the NBA.

That's not true at all. Real basketball fans know how good the guy has been over his career and just because they may choose someone else as GOAT doesn't diminish what he's done in the NBA.

My top 3 is MJ, Russell, Lebron in that order. I watched MJ & Lebron's careers and had I been around to watch Bill Russell lace them up or 13 seasons I'd probably have him as my GOAT. That doesn't take away what Jordan & James accomplished each individually.

• Options

MJ to me is the best ever I have seen both play and MJ was on another level!!! I never was a Lebron fan to be honest but he still pulled off something no one has ever done before so I give him credit for that.

• Options

Just because he has more points than MJ does not make him better just like anyone else that is ahead of MJ's career total points. Karl Malone for example.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    Just because he has more points than MJ does not make him better just like anyone else that is ahead of MJ's career total points. Karl Malone for example.

Exactly