Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Amazingly quick world economy turnaround...

Many of us (including me) have been disappointed from time to time in what seemed to be inordinate delays in getting coins graded by PCGS.

My most recent experience was a complete opposite. I sent in 25 economy-level coins (taking advantage of the send in 5, pay for only 4 quarterly special); they arrived at PCGS on Friday, February 9. Yesterday, March 1, three weeks later, PCGS had finished grading them, taking TrueViews and sending the coins to me, with a scheduled arrival of March 4. (Interestingly, a regular one coin submission that arrived at PCGS on the same date is still in the works...)

Impressive!

Comments

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dropped off for Regular service at FUN😢

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent in a group of 41 coins via Economy for the special and it was completed in 4 weeks, door to door. My 5 coins regular tier submission took longer. They must have been speeding through economy orders for some reason

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options

"Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well - I'm happy for you both but I've got one (world econ) that PCGS received on 1/17 and has been stuck in Encapsulation for about 3 weeks now - it got there ahead of my US regular submission and I'll be getting the regular submission back from PCGS today.

One of the most frustrating things about doing business with PCGS is there seems to be absolutely no rhyme or reason with the order or speed at which things get done.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got back my group of 20

4 were details and two of those I broke out
    from a straight grade ngc holder

Boy oh boy

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

@bidask said:
    I just got back my group of 20

4 were details and two of those I broke out
    from a straight grade ngc holder

Boy oh boy

Care to share? It's always educational for us.