Look what Dodgers great Steve Garvey is up to these days

coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Comments

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why post it at all?
    This is well known National news and shouldn't be here to begin with. Personally, I couldn't care less what goes on in California.

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Then why post it at all?
    This is well known National news and shouldn't be here to begin with. Personally, I couldn't care less what goes on in California.

You should care what happens in CA. What happens in CA usually happens throughout the rest of the country.

• Options

@pdoidoi said:

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Then why post it at all?

You should care what happens in CA. What happens in CA usually happens throughout the rest of the country.

If that were true, I wouldn't be living in this country.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least Garvey will strike out swinging rather than just watching three called strikes go by.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope the Big Ten Network is an option for you where ever you choose to live...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like one dem rigged things to help garvey to take out another dem
    business as usual :D

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

in before the lock :D

• Options

Really...

• Options

The results wow.> @Brick said:

At least Garvey will strike out swinging rather than just watching three called strikes go by.

More like he hit a grand slam :)

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

California really is a unique state in so many different ways. MLB did not find its way to the west coast until the Eisenhower Administration... as there was no Stevenson Administration. California had Hollywood and the motion picture industry which has an impact on American culture and even the world which simply cannot be reduced to a few sentences. So to get to the point, there have been monumental shifts- and not just the so-called Wally "Moon shots" at the Coliseum- that are note worthy in the post 1960 time frame. The first was song and dance man George Murphey who was elected to the US Senate in 1964 defeating Pierre Salinger which was simply amazing in view of the Goldwater debacle on the national level. That was followed by the Reagan landslide in the 1966 whereby two term incumbent Edmund G Brown lost.

I had the opportunity to meet Brown years later- a true gentleman. And I met the man in 1976 that beat him in 1966 that went on to be President. Very personable and in so many ways came across as being one one of the many in contrast to one of privilege.

I see Steve Garvey as a great MLB player. And he kind of exceeds George Murphy's film career as well as that of Ronald Reagan. But does that mean he should follow in their foot steps? That could happen at the expense of Hiram Johnson and Earl Warren turning in their grave.