Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

"Paper Tigers" Secrets of Currency Dealers, True Tales and Indulgent Behaviors

synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 29, 2024 7:41PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Did anyone get the advert by Len Glazer on his new book regarding our hobby and its players?

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.
    I’m holding out for the unabridged “Woke” version…

• Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else wondering how you fit 195 photographs and 492 stories into a 176 page book? Is this a coffee table book?How does that work exactly? Is the typeset really small? Maybe the numbers are transposed? Are there 176 stories in a 492 page book? Not many books out there are nearly 500 pages, but that makes more sense in how it all fits together. We need some clarification.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    TypekatTypekat Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

For 50 bucks, someone could find out and report back to us…

30+ years coin shop experience (ret.) Coins, bullion, currency, scrap & interesting folks. Loved every minute!

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

For 50 bucks? No.

Maybe ten of us could put up $5 each but that as far as my curiosity goes.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options

When he says "Non Woke", I assume that he just means Not Politically Correct or somesuch. I suspect that a few of the stories feature dealers at shows who were caught with their pants down - so to speak. Back in the olden days, we just called such stories ribald or bawdy.

• Options
    SMCSMC Posts: 15 ✭✭

This is an excellent book. It has from 1-3 stories per page and was written by one of the major currency dealers who attended all the shows, especially the IPMS in Memphis. Many stories of what happened at shows from a funny point of view. Well worth the $$ in my opinion.

Clark was innocent
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

It’s fun, I’ve been enjoying the read