Home Precious Metals
Options

2022-2023 Bullion sales US Mint

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2024 3:44PM

Your numbers are off on 2023 gutter eagles for sure. According to the US Mint website they produced 24,750,000 in 2023. RGDS!

https://www.usmint.gov/about/production-sales-figures/bullion-sales

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Your numbers are off on 2023 gutter eagles for sure. According to the US Mint website they produced 24,750,000 in 2023. RGDS!

Oh well. I just copied the table from a news article. Fake news, but they were impressed by the 30% increase to 20.663 million ounces. I guess 24.75 million is a really big increase. No wonder they are not worth much. LOL

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@blitzdude said:

Oh well. I just copied the table from a news article. Fake news, but they were impressed by the 30% increase to 20.663 million ounces. I guess 24.75 million is a really big increase. No wonder they are not worth much. LOL

I think 2022 was the "manufactured" shortage. It's not that gutter metal suddenly became rare, nobody wanted to sell the mint polished blanks at spot if I remember correctly. This caused premiums to rise. That obviously changed in 2023 and as premiums continue to decrease we can assume that suppliers are even more willing to do so now. For the Au, premiums have started to decrease but with The Metal of Kings sitting near all time highs the retail investor is not buying as much as in the past (at least AGEs). Personally I bought more gold in 2023 than any year since 2018. I didn't buy a single US coin in 2023, it was all European 20FCs, 10 and 20 Mexican Pesos, and some Krugerrands.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

16 mil in 2022

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

the difference?

the ASE numbers in the table are taken from the 2023 Mint Annual Report

The Mint's fiscal year 2023 ends Sep 2023

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions