Home Sports Talk
Options

I've had enough of this place

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both my music threads closed down, really? If we can't discuss things outside of sports every now and then, to heck with this place, it's the NFL off-season for Pete's sake. I guess we're supposed to discuss how great Babe Ruth was for the ten thousandth time, or better yet, let's discuss how overrated Dak Prescott is, haven't talked about that in a few days. What a joke. I miss Todd, he gave us some space to discuss other things. This place has become too strict.

Comments

• Options
    HidhoeHidhoe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

Everyone else seems to follow the rules.
    Seems like your desire to start discussions is more important to you then following the rules set by PSA.
    It’s their boards and they set the rules. We are to follow them or find another forum.
    This is a Sports Talk forum. Their rules say only sports threads.
    This is not our forum to do as we please.

• Options
    HidhoeHidhoe Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

You saying “the heck with this place” is fine.
    How about you do even better and stay and adhere to their requirements.
    You enjoy talking about sports.

• Options

Have you tried other forums?

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Options

@Hidhoe said:
    Everyone else seems to follow the rules.
    Seems like your desire to start discussions is more important to you then following the rules set by PSA.
    It’s their boards and they set the rules. We are to follow them or find another forum.
    This is a Sports Talk forum. Their rules say only sports threads.
    This is not our forum to do as we please.

Funny you should talk about rules, you sure seemed to be enjoying yourself on those threads. There's no harm in talking about other things from time to time. I could've started a thread about who was the better running back, Barry Sanders or Walter Payton, but I figured people would rather talk a little music for a change, so ban me for breaking the rules.

• Options

I like to keep this place going, keep the conversation going, make it an interesting place to be, but there's only so much sports you can discuss and keep people interested. Life is full of wonderful and curious things, I can't help but talk about them, it's hard to stick to just sports 24/7 and not be allowed to discuss anything else, I like to hear peoples opinions on other things. Maybe it is time to find another forum.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of those threads had multiple pics of music star cards that I didn't even know these cards existed. Very cool cards. I'm sure there are likely an ample offering of these cards graded by PSA.

As I think most of us know, PSA grades cards from a wide variety of fields, such as music, movies, TV, entertainment, etc. For example PSA graded Pokemon cards are red hot right now, and likely will continue to be. I would think that "talk" about these types of subjects would be of benefit to PSA in creating interest in their graded cards?

Perhaps a new forum category titled, Music Movies TV Entertainment or something of the sort, would be of great interest for collectors of PSA graded cards of these subjects. Also of course autograph collectors, and probably coin collectors as well. 😊

• Options

I appreciate you trying to make me feel better, but I'm an outlaw now, my kind isn't wanted around here by the moderators. Tell the world my story.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

😊

PSA grades cards from a wide variety of fields, such as music, movies, TV, entertainment, etc. For example PSA graded Pokemon cards are red hot right now, and likely will continue to be. I would think that "talk" about these types of subjects would be of benefit to PSA in creating interest in their graded cards?

Perhaps a new forum category titled, Music Movies TV Entertainment or something of the sort, would be of great interest for collectors of PSA graded cards of these subjects.

Pretty Cool thought with PSA'ed material... :)

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Both my music threads closed down, really? If we can't discuss things outside of sports every now and then, to heck with this place, it's the NFL off-season for Pete's sake. I guess we're supposed to discuss how great Babe Ruth was for the ten thousandth time, or better yet, let's discuss how overrated Dak Prescott is, haven't talked about that in a few days. What a joke. I miss Todd, he gave us some space to discuss other things. This place has become too strict.

We gotta start a Mario Mendoza topic/thread.... :)

or someone like: Bob Avellini, Robin Earl, Terry Hanratty, Barry Foote,.....I could keep going.... :)

Yeah 4 Sure 2bleD....Please Stay....
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭

@GroceryRackPack said:

@doubledragon said:

We gotta start a Mario Mendoza topic/thread.... :)

or someone like: Bob Avellini, Robin Earl, Terry Hanratty, Barry Foote,.....I could keep going.... :)

Yeah 4 Sure 2bleD....Please Stay....
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mendoza line came about because Mario Mendoza of the Mighty Mariners had a batting average of .200
    so whenever a batter is hitting .200 you here the saying Mendoza line...... now a days if you can bat .200 you would find your self at the top of the MAriners order.

• Options

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭

The rules are what they are so you either stick to them or you find a place where your views are and enjoy being there. I, myself, only read posts that I am interested in so did not even look at yours. Sorry!

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭

One day these boards will go the way of the dinosaurs I understand the need for rules but being ridged hasn’t help message boards

Stick around DD

Martin

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get over yourself.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2024 2:08AM

Would be nice to have music talk. I enjoy collecting sports and music.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

personally, I would love to have an off topic forum. It would be fine to keep politics and religion out of it, but it would be fun to just discuss daily topics and non sports type stuff.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2024 6:24AM

I like different topics here because at work my coworkers favorite topics are always guns, pickup trucks, beer, hunting, fishing, and do it yourself meat processing. Not that they’re a bunch of hicks but…………. yeahhh

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭

@darin you have any job openings 😂

Martin

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

The coin guys have a humor forum

• Options

I'd go with something like: Game Day Grillin'... :)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'd be willing to bet that the new mod hasn't frequented our neck of the woods very often. if he/she had, then he/she would be cognizant of us being an intimate group of about 20 regular posters who keep this place afloat. were it not for our collective efforts -- which on occasion consist of OT topics -- then this particular forum would, in all likelihood, cease to exist. it would be a veritable ghost town. and i'm not sure CU wants that.

but eotd, the rules are the rules are the rules, and now that i know what they are in 2024, i'll implement them and stick to deportes

• Options
    RidethelightningRidethelightning Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2024 1:18PM

Hi :) ,

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Sport Talk