Home Sports Talk
Options

Raiders coach trying to injure Mahomes?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 19, 2024 1:41PM in Sports Talk

Las Vegas Raiders head coach Antonio Pierce apparently has a plan on how to stop Patrick Mahomes, he calls it the "Patrick Mahomes rules," and likens it to the infamous Detroit Pistons "Jordan rules "

Comments

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It certainly sounds like Pierce is planning on roughing Mahomes up.

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If I'm the Chiefs, I'm getting my guys together and coming up with a plan for the Raiders, if they want some then let em' bring it.

  • Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭✭

    Theres definitely teams that try to do that to star players, its insanely stupid to admit it out loud. Its pretty clear what hes implying. He can have fun being suspended or fired if Mahomes gets injured against them.

    Its also dumb from a playing standpoint. I wouldnt be surprised if the Refs get told by the league to be quick with flags against the Raiders when they play them now that its out there

  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

    As mentioned and as everyone knows, the Chiefs will have a huge target on their backs in the upcoming season. This rhetoric is just one of them.

    I don't think the Chiefs are good enough to overcome that. But then again, if they're the tallest midget in the circus, then they could three-peat. Certainly the odds are against them.

  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    If I'm the Chiefs, I'm getting my guys together and coming up with a plan for the Raiders, if they want some then let em' bring it.

  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @GroceryRackPack said:

    @doubledragon said:
    If I'm the Chiefs, I'm getting my guys together and coming up with a plan for the Raiders, if they want some then let em' bring it.

    That's right, the Raiders have got me pumped up now, I'm pumped up and angry. I better listen to a soothing melody to calm my nerves.

    https://youtu.be/tW70iHIJ9Ng?feature=shared

  • Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 491 ✭✭✭

    They went after Brady as they said they would. Want to be the next GOAT what do you think would happen ?

  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It's just a coach running his mouth and will eat those words when the Chiefs curb stomp them twice next season

  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What’s the difference?

    Injured Mahomes KC wins SB 57
    Uninjured Mahomes KC wins SB 58

    Put him in a full body cast and trot him out there, at least the other team has a chance.

  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Darin said:
    What’s the difference?

    Injured Mahomes KC wins SB 57
    Uninjured Mahomes KC wins SB 58

    Put him in a full body cast and trot him out there, at least the other team has a chance.

  • Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 491 ✭✭✭

    @GroceryRackPack said:

    @Darin said:
    What’s the difference?

    Injured Mahomes KC wins SB 57
    Uninjured Mahomes KC wins SB 58

    Put him in a full body cast and trot him out there, at least the other team has a chance.

    Did you guys miss the FEELING HIM and LOVE TAPS ?

Sign In or Register to comment.