Home Sports Talk
Options

Peter Schrager has picked the past five Super Bowl winners

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing streak, NFL Network's Peter Schrager has picked the past five Super Bowl winners correctly.

NFL Network’s Peter Schrager Nails Preseason Super Bowl Pick for Fifth Consecutive Season

It’s hard to pick the winner of the Super Bowl in any given season, let alone for five straight seasons, but NFL Network analyst Peter Schrager has somehow accomplished that feat.

Schrager’s streak correctly predicting the Super Bowl winner in the preseason was extended to five years on Sunday when the Kansas City Chiefs beat the San Francisco 49ers, 25–22.

This season, Schrager picked both the Super Bowl winner as well as the runner-up, making this year’s prediction even more impressive.

Dating back to 2019, Schrager has nailed his Super Bowl winner each season. In 2019, he picked the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl. In ’20, he picked the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who knocked off Kansas City and prevented a repeat. In ’21, Schrager correctly picked the Los Angeles Rams, and in ’22 and ’23, he picked the Chiefs.

Comments

• Options

And just in case you're wondering who he's picking to win it all next season, he's picking the Chiefs to three-peat!

• Options

You hear that gamblers? Get your bets ready, Schrager is money, it'll be easier than Bobby Bonilla day!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is bound to be wrong soon enough!!

Law of averages says so lol

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of folks out there making lots of predictions. The odds of picking five straight games against the spread is 32-1, IE same odds as picking five straight coin flips. If the guy chose dogs straight up, which I guess he did, then his five straight winners is more impressive.

That being said, what always should be factored in with these "geniuses" is how they did before the winning streak began. Perhaps he had five straight losers before the five straight winners? Chances are likely something such as that occurred.

• Options

Wait a minute, I just reread the post. He picked five straight winners in the preseason? Now that is quite impressive. I don't feel like going back and looking at the pre-season odds for the past 5 years, but off the cuff I'd have the say the odds of doing that are north of 10,000-1.

• Options

Yes, he made these picks in the preseason. He is the closest thing we have to Nostradamus, and I'm going to enjoy this genius and his gift to the world.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, he made these picks in the preseason. He is the closest thing we have to Nostradamus, and I'm going to enjoy this genius and his gift to the world.

An awful lot going against the Chiefs for a three-peat.

But I'll save the excruciating details for right before the season starts. 😆

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

I'm sorry, but Nostradamus Shrager has already predicted it to happen, so it will happen. An amazing feat by the Chiefs, congratulations to KC fans on the first Super Bowl three-peat!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

I'm sorry, but Nostradamus Shrager has already predicted it to happen, so it will happen. An amazing feat by the Chiefs, congratulations to KC fans on the first Super Bowl three-peat!

I’m really looking forward to seeing if KC gets a few high quality receivers to go with Rashee Rice. If so the offense could return to the high flying days of yesteryear.
    And it looks like Chris Jones is coming back and Spags is returning as D coordinator so a combination of that defense with an offense averaging 30+ points per game and they will be very tough to beat.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

Sorry DD, your Panthers have no chance this upcoming season. The Panthers have already been mathematically eliminated before the season even begins. 😉

As far as your newly liked team the Chiefs, there are far too many reasons why three-peating just ain't gonna happen. As much as I like Patrick Mahomes, his efforts simply won't be good enough, no matter how well he plays.

• Options

@Darin said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing if KC gets a few high quality receivers to go with Rashee Rice. If so the offense could return to the high flying days of yesteryear.
    And it looks like Chris Jones is coming back and Spags is returning as D coordinator so a combination of that defense with an offense averaging 30+ points per game and they will be very tough to beat.

I certainly hope they do get another weapon for Mahomes, the Chiefs will be unstoppable!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@Darin said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

I certainly hope they do get another weapon for Mahomes, the Chiefs will be unstoppable!

Yea I know. like the Sia song.

Don't even try to get those hidden messages past me, i'm way too imtellijont for that.

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

Sorry DD, your Panthers have no chance this upcoming season. The Panthers have already been mathematically eliminated before the season even begins. 😉

As far as your newly liked team the Chiefs, there are far too many reasons why three-peating just ain't gonna happen. As much as I like Patrick Mahomes, his efforts simply won't be good enough, no matter how well he plays.

As long as Mahomes is playing, the Panthers have no chance anyway, so I've decided to hop aboard the Chiefs train. If you ever feel like joining us, there are are plenty of seats available. All aboard, rock on!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

As long as Mahomes is playing, the Panthers have no chance anyway, so I've decided to hop aboard the Chiefs train. If you ever feel like joining us, there are are plenty of seats available. All aboard, rock on!

>

Not a snowball's. I'm an Eagles fan forever. I'm way too much of a glutton for punishment to change now. 😂

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

>

Not a snowball's. I'm an Eagles fan forever. I'm way too much of a glutton for punishment to change now. 😂

Fair enough, you're a hard man to convince, perhaps you'll change you're mind in a few years, right around the time we win our 5th Super Bowl. ;)