Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Building a raw VG-F 2c collection and looking

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

for natural VG or Fine coins (raw). Looking for: 1864, 1866, 1867, 1868, 1871
Whatcha' got?

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was hoping to help you out, but I dont have any on your list.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Picked up 2 coins.

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options

Still looking!

• Options
    BigAlBigAl Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

I didn’t think anyone collected this series anymore

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

I still collect the series, but haven't added to it in AGES! But a nice short series.

Back in the days when I actively collected them, I got down to the more expensive dates (1864 small-date, 1872, & 1873), and just couldn't justify spending the necessary $ on them when we had a mortgage, kids in college, work-loss, etc.

But still one of my favorite (and simplistic) designs - - along with the IH/FlyingEagle Cent, Walker half, & Morgan $1's.

--Dave :)

• Options

@BigAl said:

Everytime I build a set (no 1873) and place it in my showcase, it sells quickly.
    I'm still looking for 2c pieces.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MICHAELDIXON said:

@BigAl said:

Everytime I build a set (no 1873) and place it in my showcase, it sells quickly.
    I'm still looking for 2c pieces.

Pro hack:
    Stop placing them in your showcase.

:neutral:

peacockcoins

• Options

@BigAL I collect these coins and really enjoy them. When ever i find a good price i usually pull the trigger w/o regard for the date. i bought a lot of 2 cent pieces on Ebay a few years ago and when it was delivered there was a low grade 1863 SM in the lot. Every once in a while, a blind squirrel finds a nut.

• Options

@JWP said:
    @BigAL I collect these coins and really enjoy them. When ever i find a good price i usually pull the trigger w/o regard for the date. i bought a lot of 2 cent pieces on Ebay a few years ago and when it was delivered there was a low grade 1863 SM in the lot. Every once in a while, a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I want that 1863 SM!!!!!

• Options
    edited March 23, 2024 7:11PM

@MICHAELDIXON said:

@JWP said:
    @BigAL I collect these coins and really enjoy them. When ever I find a good price i usually pull the trigger w/o regard for the date. i bought a lot of 2 cent pieces on Ebay a few years ago and when it was delivered there was a low grade 1863 SM in the lot. Every once in a while, a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I want that 1863 SM!!!!!

Just a senor moment. 1 year wouldn't make any difference, would it? HaHa. Here is a picture of that1864 SM that I got from that $25 lot.

• Options

Still looking