Home U.S. Coin Forum

First Amendment to the United States Constitution 2024 Platinum Proof Coin-February 15th

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the eagle on the reverse.
Platinum is at just under $900

$1445

Item Number: 24EJ
Mintage Limit: 12,000
Product Limit: 12,000
Household Order Limit: 3

2024 First Amendment to the United States Constitution Platinum Proof Coin – Right to Assemble
Coin series features a stunning new obverse (heads) design each year, with a beautiful common reverse (tails). An image of the obverse design is shown on the outer packaging sleeve and certificate of authenticity.
Each one ounce coin is 99.95 percent platinum and has a $100 nominal face value.

Mint Link

Comments

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one hell of a premium for this coin. And what is with the leaves?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    I'm saving my money for when they issue a coin to honor the Second Amendment. ;)

I wonder what the obverse will look like. Raindrops? Blades of grass? Flower petals blowing gently into the air? 😆
    Seriously, what is up with these leaves? What a terrible design! Even for the tree of liberty, spreading out in peaceful assembly or whatever they're selling us. 😆

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2024 7:33PM

@DCW said:

@PerryHall said:
    I'm saving my money for when they issue a coin to honor the Second Amendment. ;)

I wonder what the obverse will look like. Raindrops? Blades of grass? Flower petals blowing gently into the air? 😆
    Seriously, what is up with these leaves? What a terrible design! Even for the tree of liberty, spreading out in peaceful assembly or whatever they're selling us. 😆

"This series (2021 - 2025) uses the lifecycle of the oak tree from seedling to a mighty oak as a metaphor for our country’s growth as a Nation that values freedom. Liberty grows to a thing of strength and beauty from a seed—our Bill of Rights. Each of the freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment contributes to the growth and development of the Nation."
    Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/first-amendment-to-the-united-states-constitution-2024-platinum-proof-coin-right-to-assemble-24EJ.html

Edited to add the (five years) of the series.

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is arguably the worst obverse design I have ever seen, coin looks like it has 2 reverses and one of them is terribly ugly. PASS.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

These go on sale in an hour.

Anyone collecting this series?

I see the 2023 Freedom of the Press platinum coin is still available.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the series. The last one is probably the best design.

• MartinMartin Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about the right to bear arms. (Just as important as the others) Lack of it is definitely telling.

Martin

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2024 7:27PM

@PerryHall said:

"Ed aims to please and so does Louise, so don't hide arms, buy side arms at Ames Guns" :)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file