Home Q & A Forum
Options

Bulk Grading

Hi - does anyone have experience with bulk grading Lincoln’s that could help?

I will be setting the min grade at a 67, but obviously hoping for a 67+ or 68, which then value then would be higher than the $300 limit. Given the very strict rules with bulk, wanted to confirm they don’t penalize you, expect charge a higher grading their fee for that coin.

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! :)

If you think you have enough coins for bulk grading that will hit 67 or above you might want to post a few here for feedback before you spend a bunch of money on grading. ;)

MS-67 or above is not an easy grade to hit with Lincoln cents. ;)

• Options

Hi - thanks for your response. Yes, agree that it will be difficult to achieve many (if any) at that grade, but would rather pay $2 a coin vs $15 to not have a 66 slabbed to be worth $15. I have cherry-picked through a bunch of original rolls, but trying to decide if I should just go through the traditional route or wait and try bulk grading at a later date.

But I guess the original question remains, what would happen if you do pull a 67+ or 68 to put the value over $300? Does that break the strict rules of bulk grading?

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard. Try posting photos when you can. It would help when trying to give you a better comment.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members