Home Q & A Forum
Options

First time submission questions

xxjobiiixxxxjobiiixx Posts: 9
edited February 9, 2024 7:30PM in Q & A Forum

Hi All,

I am hoping to make my first submission tomorrow. Wanted to ask if I have the submission forms completed accurately.

mint error penny on one sheet
6 regular coins all put on the other submission sheet (2 barber, and 6 2021 Peace/Morgans)

questions:
1. 6 of the coins are modern dollars, still in the US mint holder. Can these be sent to grading in the coin holder? Or should they be removed and placed in the mylar flip?
2. with 2 submission forms sent at the same time, does this mean there are 2 handling fees?
3. The online form doesn't have all the service levels the paper forms do. Any preference between paper/online forms?

Comments

• Options

This post can be closed / archived. I have submitted the coins for grading :smiley:

Now just waiting with a lot of first time submission anticipation and excitement.

• Options

I sent in 2 submission forms in one package.

One was received without issue, the other was reported to be a problem submission. Trying to work with PCGS to fix this to avoid delays.

Fingers crossed it is an easy fix.

• Options
    edited March 22, 2024 8:20AM

If an error coin is in grading stage. Does this mean it was confirmed to be the error it was submitted as?

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call Customer service and ask your specific question. Usually, they can field the question on the phone call. Welcome aboard.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Hi good day my name is Brian an I have a 2013 b duplicate star note with mismatch serial numbers an it’s from dc the condition might be any XF 30 or 40 what do u think it mite worth should I grade it an if so what will be the cost of the grading fee an I live in the Bahamas I had it for four years now.thanks an hope u hve a great day.

• Options

@JWP said:
    Call Customer service and ask your specific question. Usually, they can field the question on the phone call. Welcome aboard.

Thanks JWP. Was sort of trying to avoid the steps/time associated with calling.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Calling customer service is always my last choice too. However, when your retired the elevator music helps you take that nap a little faster.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Priceless!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twintrigger said:
    Hi good day my name is Brian an I have a 2013 b duplicate star note with mismatch serial numbers an it’s from dc the condition might be any XF 30 or 40 what do u think it mite worth should I grade it an if so what will be the cost of the grading fee an I live in the Bahamas I had it for four years now.thanks an hope u hve a great day.

Why did you post this in the middle of someone else's thread? It will mostly get overlooked there.

You should post a new thread in the Currency forum and they'll know the answer. They will prefer to see a photo, no doubt.

• Options

I think this may have happened because my comment title.

I didn't realize the grades are posted before the coins come back. This is exciting. And to see how your coin ranks in grade across all graded so far.

Two of my coins ended up being low grades. (AG03 & G06). Though some were also perfect scores too 70 woohoo!

Just waiting on the mint error to see where that one lands.

• Options
    flyguyflflyguyfl Posts: 122 ✭✭

@JWP said:
    Calling customer service is always my last choice too. However, when your retired the elevator music helps you take that nap a little faster.

LOL

• Options
    flyguyflflyguyfl Posts: 122 ✭✭

@xxjobiiixx said:
    I think this may have happened because my comment title.

I didn't realize the grades are posted before the coins come back. This is exciting. And to see how your coin ranks in grade across all graded so far.

Two of my coins ended up being low grades. (AG03 & G06). Though some were also perfect scores too 70 woohoo!

Just waiting on the mint error to see where that one lands.

How did the error work out?

• Options
    edited April 10, 2024 12:35PM

It worked out great. Authenticated a transitional error in the Lincoln cent series.