Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

4 Sharp Corners for consignment

Has anyone consigned with 4 Sharp Corners for Ebay auctions recently? If so, how was your experience? Did they handle everything professionally? Did they overall get the results you expected? Did they pay in a timely manner? Any other tips or info you suggest?

Comments

  • Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It's been about a year since I consigned with them but it was a great experience. Prices were strong, communication was great and payment was made exactly when and as promised.

    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @johfr my experience is very similar to @Kid4hof03 , been 18 months or so but listed quick, sold for good money and paid me quickly

    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Top notch, paid approximately 14 days after auctions end
    As for results, they get the going rate plus depending on what it is.

  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Me too - same as above. Also having great luck with Greg Morris - both raw and graded.

    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Comc seems be another option. He has his own online store for people to purchase directly without the ebay IRS BS. I've bought some stuff directly through his online store.

  • AANVAANV Posts: 321 ✭✭✭

    4SC is the new PWCC - in the most complimentary way.

  • johfrjohfr Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

    Thank you everyone for your input. I'm actually pretty surprised that nobody has talked about any negative experiences. That's a great sign.

  • NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Their rates seem really good, like the same or better than selling yourself. I would certainly be reaching out to them if I was in that market.

  • jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

    @johfr said:
    Thank you everyone for your input. I'm actually pretty surprised that nobody has talked about any negative experiences. That's a great sign.

    Once they start an auction, they can’t amend any part of the title or description. They can only end the auction and relist it. They didn’t put the correct title on one of my actions and I think it didn’t get the right views and less money. On another auction, they listed a few of my singles in one auction without my permission and it cost me $$$.

  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭

    So on a card over 1k we pay only 5% in fees. Selling direct I believe I’m paying over 10% still. Am I interpreting that correctly, it’s a large savings to use 4SC in that range?

    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • I don't know if there is a way to determine if a graded card they are selling was submitted by them or not but you likely will get better grades with them.

    For example...I have 6 graded copies of a card. 4 are PSA 9 and 2 are BGS 9. The card has an orange border on the back which makes edge and corner condition easy to identify.

    All 6 of mine look better than the one they are auctioning which also has the label of PSA 9 but not the quality. If you look this card over then you will notice a surface issue near his chin of missing color, possibly an edge issue along the right side on the front just above the lower right corner and if you can't tell the card is pretty off centered then look at the back side. It does appear to have nearly 4 sharp corners but not 4 crisp edges. 1 edge looks worse than the others.

    Is this a 9 by most of our standards, I would say not. Is this a 9 because of who submitted it...possibly.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/266663325986?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xTOsf_ZhS6m&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ae-eOCLFR9S&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

    So...we can all play the game and sell our stuff through the high rollers. If you can't beat em, join em!

  • NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Ahmanfan said:
    So on a card over 1k we pay only 5% in fees. Selling direct I believe I’m paying over 10% still. Am I interpreting that correctly, it’s a large savings to use 4SC in that range?

    That is also what in am seeing. Great savings for cards in that range. I assume they want to pull in the views and attention a card in that range provides.

  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭

    Wow 5% vs 12-13%. Seems like a no brainer. Please tell me what I may be missing. Thanks.

    PackManInNC
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It's a legit 5%. I used them for some high end slabs and I was happy with the results.

    However, since they do volume your card may be auctioned with 4 or 5 other copies of the same card, which may affect your final bids depending on where your card is on the list.

    Mike
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @JolleyWrencher said:
    I don't know if there is a way to determine if a graded card they are selling was submitted by them or not but you likely will get better grades with them.

    For example...I have 6 graded copies of a card. 4 are PSA 9 and 2 are BGS 9. The card has an orange border on the back which makes edge and corner condition easy to identify.

    All 6 of mine look better than the one they are auctioning which also has the label of PSA 9 but not the quality. If you look this card over then you will notice a surface issue near his chin of missing color, possibly an edge issue along the right side on the front just above the lower right corner and if you can't tell the card is pretty off centered then look at the back side. It does appear to have nearly 4 sharp corners but not 4 crisp edges. 1 edge looks worse than the others.

    Is this a 9 by most of our standards, I would say not. Is this a 9 because of who submitted it...possibly.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/266663325986?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xTOsf_ZhS6m&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ae-eOCLFR9S&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

    So...we can all play the game and sell our stuff through the high rollers. If you can't beat em, join em!

    Respectfully I don't understand, you are comparing your cards to the quality of certain cards listed. That is a different discussion then would you use them consignment.

    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

    Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • steel75steel75 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭✭

    As a buyer, I had been able to pick up cards at good prices with those auctions I've noticed.

    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • @Cakes said:

    @JolleyWrencher said:
    I don't know if there is a way to determine if a graded card they are selling was submitted by them or not but you likely will get better grades with them.

    For example...I have 6 graded copies of a card. 4 are PSA 9 and 2 are BGS 9. The card has an orange border on the back which makes edge and corner condition easy to identify.

    All 6 of mine look better than the one they are auctioning which also has the label of PSA 9 but not the quality. If you look this card over then you will notice a surface issue near his chin of missing color, possibly an edge issue along the right side on the front just above the lower right corner and if you can't tell the card is pretty off centered then look at the back side. It does appear to have nearly 4 sharp corners but not 4 crisp edges. 1 edge looks worse than the others.

    Is this a 9 by most of our standards, I would say not. Is this a 9 because of who submitted it...possibly.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/266663325986?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xTOsf_ZhS6m&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ae-eOCLFR9S&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

    So...we can all play the game and sell our stuff through the high rollers. If you can't beat em, join em!

    Respectfully I don't understand, you are comparing your cards to the quality of certain cards listed. That is a different discussion then would you use them consignment.

    My message was that you may be getting a bump in your grade if you use them for consignment based on observations dozens of people here have commented on. "If you can't beat em, Join em!" was my indirect way of saying I support the idea.

  • PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 294 ✭✭✭✭

    I've consigned with them and have gotten great sale prices on my items. On the flipside, I've purchased from them and have gotten some really good prices. Just the way it goes with auctions.

  • I may give them a shot. I have a bunch of mid-grade post war vintage I want to sell. Been looking at 4SC, Greg Morris Graded, or PWCC. The last one only because their seller rates are better than the other places, but they might not fetch the prices.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have consigned with them recently. Communication was great and payment was fast. they did list an exact copy of my card ending just seconds off from mine. i think it hurt the final prices of both. I think auctions are too stressful for me. I would rather control prices and list bin.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2024 4:20PM

    I want the most eyeballs…and Heritage Auctions with its international offices would seem to have the most eyes. I recently consigned with them…and was very happy with the results. Five (5) out of twenty-three (23) cards set records for the given grade…and my auction total exceeded their estimates for my total consignment by $10k-$15k!

    mint_only_pls
  • Would you send mid-grade vintage to HA/REA, or one of the lesser consignment places like 4SC and PWCC?

  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ColoradoCollector said:
    Would you send mid-grade vintage to HA/REA, or one of the lesser consignment places like 4SC and PWCC?

    That's a tough call. mintonlypls is selling some high grade, high end vintage and I am curious to see his answer.

    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

    Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2024 8:13AM

    The company with the lowest percentage take might be your best option for mid-grade vintage. I was able to negotiate 1.05 x hammer price on my recent consignment w/Heritage Auctions.

    mint_only_pls
  • sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 437 ✭✭✭

    Heritage has the eyeballs and bigger wallets.... don't think that those folks care for mid-grade unless pre-war Ruth, etc...

  • @sayheywyo said:
    Heritage has the eyeballs and bigger wallets.... don't think that those folks care for mid-grade unless pre-war Ruth, etc...

    Exactly my thought. So, which AH is best for mid-grade? 4SC, Greg Morris Graded, PWCC, LOTG?

  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

    For mid-grade I would say PC Sports, DC, or 4SC. A lot of people will vouch for Probstein, My lots with him did OK but there were multiple mistakes on the listing that cost me $$ at the end.

    Mike
  • @JolleyWrencher said:

    @Cakes said:

    @JolleyWrencher said:
    I don't know if there is a way to determine if a graded card they are selling was submitted by them or not but you likely will get better grades with them.

    For example...I have 6 graded copies of a card. 4 are PSA 9 and 2 are BGS 9. The card has an orange border on the back which makes edge and corner condition easy to identify.

    All 6 of mine look better than the one they are auctioning which also has the label of PSA 9 but not the quality. If you look this card over then you will notice a surface issue near his chin of missing color, possibly an edge issue along the right side on the front just above the lower right corner and if you can't tell the card is pretty off centered then look at the back side. It does appear to have nearly 4 sharp corners but not 4 crisp edges. 1 edge looks worse than the others.

    Is this a 9 by most of our standards, I would say not. Is this a 9 because of who submitted it...possibly.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/266663325986?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xTOsf_ZhS6m&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ae-eOCLFR9S&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

    So...we can all play the game and sell our stuff through the high rollers. If you can't beat em, join em!

    Respectfully I don't understand, you are comparing your cards to the quality of certain cards listed. That is a different discussion then would you use them consignment.

    My message was that you may be getting a bump in your grade if you use them for consignment based on observations dozens of people here have commented on. "If you can't beat em, Join em!" was my indirect way of saying I support the idea.

    still doesn't make sense , 4sharp does not submit cards for grading for indiviudals. they are not a group submitter. they only auction your already graded cards

Sign In or Register to comment.