Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

LaDude, Looks like the Braves got the better of the Sheffield/Jordan deal...

Those days of wondering when Gary Sheffield is going to step up and be the dominant force the Braves promised he would be when the acquired him from the Dodgers in January are officially a thing of the past. In fact, Sheffield may actually be swinging a hotter bat now than anyone ever could have expected. Check out the stats...Looks like ya'll should have kept Sheff...I knew we had gotten the better deal...image

Sheffield:
Games - 84
AB - 312
Hits - 90
Runs - 46
Doubles - 17
Triples - 0
Hr - 17
RBI - 56
BB - 41
K - 38
Steals - 10
Avg. - .288

Jordan:
Games - 85
AB - 309
Hits - 82
Runs - 50
Doubles - 18
Triples - 3
Hr - 13
RBI - 45
BB - 24
K - 59
Steals - 1
Avg. - .265

Comments

• Options
    Was there EVER any doubt who was better between the two? And look at Odalis Perez, have a decent year for the Dodgers image.
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭
    Definitely not a doubt about it! Odalis Perez is having a "decent" season...but not good enough. image

Braves got the better of this deal.
  • Options
    lol, first off did you look at the stats before you posted them or did you just cut and past???? there really is not a big difference. Secondly, The dodgers got an awesome starter out of Odalis perez, who has already pitched 2, 1 hit, complete game wins. Dodgers definately got the better deal, although at the time i thought they got screwed image
  • Options
    Braves got::
    Sheffield:
    Games - 84
    AB - 312
    Hits - 90
    Runs - 46
    Doubles - 17
    Triples - 0
    Hr - 17
    RBI - 56
    BB - 41
    K - 38
    Steals - 10
    Avg. - .288

Dodgers got::

Jordan:
    Games - 85
    AB - 309
    Hits - 82
    Runs - 50
    Doubles - 18
    Triples - 3
    Hr - 13
    RBI - 45
    BB - 24
    K - 59
    Steals - 1
    Avg. - .265

Odalis Perez::

W/L- 10-6
    Innings Pitched:: 139.1
    ERA- 3.23
    K- 90
    BB- 20
    H- 117
    R-50
    ER-50

Sheffield has 3 more at bats, 8 more hits, 4 more homeruns, 11 more RBI, 17 more BB, 9 more steals, .23 points higher batting average..
    Jordan has 4 more runs, 1 more double, 3 more triples...

but Odalis Perez has been a very effective pitcher SO FAR.. Sheffield hasn't been drastically outplaying Jordan, and Atlanta gave up a first-class pitcher...

I think that SO FAR, the Dodgers have gotten the better end of the deal.
    -Adam

Refs: MightyMouse,(2) Josher416(3), JErik20, Brice, Truballer (2), KBryant(4), lafrentz06, gettinout1, LilAI3 (5 transactions), McDee2, Speedmaster, Lantz, Battier, JasonKU86, thematrix31, biggamegil, Trev-Aman, Nismo68, baljitgill1 (multiple),KNICKS644, cpandeaz3

email:: funnyguy0015@yahoo.com
    AIM:: funnyguy0015

my site:: http://groups.msn.com/AdamsTradingCards/atccards.msnw

To Josher416:: May he rest in peace.
  • Options
    <<Odalis Perez::

W/L- 10-6
    ERA- 3.23
    K- 90
    BB- 20
    H- 117
    R-50
    ER-50

Sheffield has 3 more at bats, 8 more hits, 4 more homeruns, 11 more RBI, 17 more BB, 9 more steals, .23 points higher batting average..
    Jordan has 4 more runs, 1 more double, 3 more triples...

but Odalis Perez has been a very effective pitcher SO FAR.. Sheffield hasn't been drastically outplaying Jordan, and Atlanta gave up a first-class pitcher...

I think that SO FAR, the Dodgers have gotten the better end of the deal.>>

You are sooooooo right funny guy except for some of those stats Odalis has an era of 3.22 not 3.23 (lol i know thats getting picky) and 99 strikeouts not 90, but everything else you are right about image
  • Options
    lol sorry LaDude... got my stats from Odalis Perez Player Profile at ESPN.COM

so they might not be updated
    -Adam

Refs: MightyMouse,(2) Josher416(3), JErik20, Brice, Truballer (2), KBryant(4), lafrentz06, gettinout1, LilAI3 (5 transactions), McDee2, Speedmaster, Lantz, Battier, JasonKU86, thematrix31, biggamegil, Trev-Aman, Nismo68, baljitgill1 (multiple),KNICKS644, cpandeaz3

• Options
    lol thats ok man, i got my stats from Agentbaseball, thats his screen name on aim, it is a bot so i think that would be more updated but you never know i might be wrong image
  • Options
    However, I did say SO FAR.... and this is because apparently hitters are beginning to figure out how to hit Perez:

Odalis Perez Game Log

since June 30th, Perez is averaging 5 runs a game allowed, and he is 1-3 over this time... also ::

<< <i>Already well above his career high in innings pitched, Odalis Perez wants to take a rest and skip a start. "This is my first time going over 100 innings, but I don't think there's any concern of being tired," Perez told the Los Angeles Daily News on July 19. "If I skip one or two starts, though, I think that would be the best thing. It would be a good thing. Then I know I'm going to be back on track." Perez is still scheduled to start on July 22, but manager Jim Tracy said he wouldn't announce anything beyond that. >>

(Taken from the LA Dodgers ESPN Clubhouse page)

Perez has never pitched this many innings in a season before, and as the Dodgers are in a race for a playoff spot, he will have to pitch very well to keep the Dodgers in it.. He will be tested
    -Adam

• Options
    No, No, No...see, that's where your wrong. Odalis Perez might be having a "decent" season with the Dodgers, but look at the Braves' record compared to the Dodgers' record. Sheffield is batting .425+ in the past month and a half, and is on a torrid pace. Jordan isn't as good as Sheff and it's showing. The stats don't lie. We didn't need Perez and had no room for him to pitch, so that's why we gave him up as well. We have Damien Moss and Jason Marquis who are doing an EXCELLENT job in the starting rotation. Not to mention, we have the best bullpen in the majors, along with the best overall ERA. The Braves have gotten the better end of this deal.
  • Options
    Not to mention Sheff has another homerun today. image
  • Options

<< <i>No, No, No...see, that's where your wrong. Odalis Perez might be having a "decent" season with the Dodgers >>

Bullsh!t Derrick, Right now Perez is having an awesome season for a youngster.

<< <i>look at the Braves' record compared to the Dodgers' record. >>

The dodgers are right on the Braves @ ss, plus it is a team effort not a perez/jordan effort.

<< <i>Sheffield is batting .425+ in the past month and a half, and is on a torrid pace. >>

Oh yea Derrick, you only seem to pick out the times when sheff is doing good to ring up this topic right image I didnt hear you when sheff was riding the bench with unjuries image

<< <i>We have Damien Moss and Jason Marquis who are doing an EXCELLENT job in the starting rotation >>

Odalis Perez:
    W/L- 10-6
    ERA- 3.23
    K- 99
    BB- 20
    H- 117
    R-50
    ER-50

Damien Moss:
    W/L- 5-4
    Innings Pitched:: 99.2
    ERA- 3.61
    K- 67
    BB- 54
    H- 72
    R-41

Jason Marquis:

W/L- 7-5
    Innings Pitched:: 82.2
    ERA- 4.02
    K- 65
    BB- 33
    H- 39
    R-37

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? LOOK AT THE STATS!!! THESE LOSERS CANT HOLD A CANLDE LIGHT TO PEREZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!! image

Also in your other post you said the Braves are for sure going to win the WS, and when i offered a little wager you nmever responded image
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    Derrick i see that your still on!!!!!! image reply hoe image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No, No, No...see, that's where your wrong. Odalis Perez might be having a "decent" season with the Dodgers >>

Bullsh!t Derrick, Right now Perez is having an awesome season for a youngster.

<< <i>look at the Braves' record compared to the Dodgers' record. >>

The dodgers are right on the Braves @ ss, plus it is a team effort not a perez/jordan effort.

<< <i>Sheffield is batting .425+ in the past month and a half, and is on a torrid pace. >>

Oh yea Derrick, you only seem to pick out the times when sheff is doing good to ring up this topic right image I didnt hear you when sheff was riding the bench with unjuries image

<< <i>We have Damien Moss and Jason Marquis who are doing an EXCELLENT job in the starting rotation >>

Odalis Perez:
    W/L- 10-6
    ERA- 3.23
    K- 99
    BB- 20
    H- 117
    R-50
    ER-50

Damien Moss:
    W/L- 5-4
    Innings Pitched:: 99.2
    ERA- 3.61
    K- 67
    BB- 54
    H- 72
    R-41

Jason Marquis:

W/L- 7-5
    Innings Pitched:: 82.2
    ERA- 4.02
    K- 65
    BB- 33
    H- 39
    R-37

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? LOOK AT THE STATS!!! THESE LOSERS CANT HOLD A CANLDE LIGHT TO PEREZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!! image

Also in your other post you said the Braves are for sure going to win the WS, and when i offered a little wager you nmever responded image >>

LOL! Give me time to reply sucka! image

Yes, Perez is having an awesome season, I admit it...but we didn't need him. We have other up and coming pitchers that are fitting in with their roles. Dodgers right on the Braves's ass?! YEAH RIGHT! The Dodgers have lost 9 of 11 bro...sorry to tell you...they are 2-9 on the homestand. They are FAR from the Braves my friend.

Sheffield...I have been talking about Gary even when he was injured! Go back and check the history. Even when he was injured YOU was comparing stats with Jordan when you KNEW that he was injured. I've always discussed him whether he was injured or not. And, now that he's on a kick arse pace...you don't like the fact that the Braves have got the better end of this deal! Everyone has said that the Braves got the better deal...including Gammons, etc.

Damien Moss and Jason Marquis have also been used in the bullpen, and they haven't been total starters. That's why some of their numbers are lacking and why their games played are so high...you have to take that into account as well.

By the way, Millwood got the win today (his 7th straight). The Braves have a TEAM ERA of 0.89 in the past 6 games! Sheffield also continued his torrid pace...going 2 for 4 today with a HR, RBI, run scored and a double. ON FIRE! En Fuego! BEAT THAT! image

• Options
    YanksFanYanksFan Posts: 1,305 ✭✭
    WS bet. 250 in bv(beckett) in baseball, bkb, or fb cards. No more than 4 cards in the bet that equal the $250 bv. You say that the Braves will win the series, I say they won't. How bout it bub?
  • Options
    It's a deal, without a doubt. This time last year I wouldn't feel as confident as I do about this awesome team the Braves have now. There's not a kink in the entire team. It's all fitting together. Look at the w-l record...64-35...and the bullpen and pitching leads the Majors as well. Braves have a 0.89 team ERA in the last 6 games! That means combining the starting pitching AND the bullpen pitching. Millwood is looking like the Millwood of '99 when he dominated...and now Maddux is on a dominate pace. LOOK OUT! And, we all know...pitching wins games.

LAdude, Dodgers are no where near the Braves. Look at the over-all stats and compare. You'll see what I'm talking about. Dodgers are 2-8 in their last 10 games, and are now in third place. Doubt if they'll even make the playoffs. Better start praying bubba...image
  • Options
    Where you at LAdude??? Who's silent now? HOE! image

Sheffield = .458 average since the All-Star Break...

Millwood = 5-0 with a 2.29 ERA last 7 starts. (Braves are 9-0 in the last 9 games he pitched in).
  • Options
    ttt, LAdude! Where are you??? You wanted me to reply so I did...image
  • Options
    Still waiting for a reply from LAdude...
  • Options
    LAdude, I see that your on now...*waits for your reply* CMON SUCKA! image

BTW, Sheffield goes 2 for 5 tonight with a big RBI and a couple runs scored...EN FUEGO!

Still want you to reply to what you wanted ME to reply to so BADLY..imageimage

• Options
    If they go on strike, who wins the Braves=No W.S. bet??
  • Options
    If you are so sure that the bravesd will win the ws why dont you put up one of your kobe autos???? image
  • Options

<< <i>If you are so sure that the bravesd will win the ws why dont you put up one of your kobe autos???? image >>

lol, You still haven't replied to my other shizzle...lol...image but that's ok...anyway, I WILL put up one of my Kobe auto's...and what if they do win the ws? What will I recieve? image

Chad, then that'll be too bad for me because I'd be on the losing end of some bets that I would have won...image
  • Options
    I will put up my kobe jersey, and i dont want a kobe auto that was signed in "person", it has to be a certified card image
  • Options
    Deal. Kobe GU jersey correct? lol...and yes, it'll be with a COA...image
  • Options
    yes kobe gu jersey lol
  • Options
    Ok, it's a deal! I just wanted to make sure because if I would have won the bet...you would have sent me a jersey of Kobe or something. Gotta be FLUENT during bets! image

It's a deal...and now all you have to tell me is that it's a deal..and it's....well...a DEAL! lol image
  • Options
    Its a deal!!! *LAdude laughs with an evil laugh* lol image
  • Options

<< <i>Its a deal!!! *LAdude laughs with an evil laugh* lol image >>

Yourrrr gonnnnnaaaaaa beeeeee sorrrrryyyyyyy...lol image
  • Options
    BTW, you've just made a deal with the devil...BEWARE! image