Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

[P0CKETCHANGE P1CKS]—Feb Edition: ALL PCGS OGH! Pre-33 Gold, Morgan, Peace, Walker—CMQ & CAC

P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

===P0CKETCHANGE P1CKS—February 2024===

This is the 2nd in my monthly series of BST offerings of curated, hand-selected, quality coins from the P0CKETCHANGE collection. Hoping to find new homes for nice coins while interacting with friendly forumites along the way.

Here's how it works:
1. monthly post will go-live the first Sunday of each month
2. each post will contain 3-7 coins of varying types and price points
3. all coins will be offered EXCLUSIVELY on the BST for the first week
4. after that they'll be cross-posted to eBay and elsewhere
5. if they don't sell that month, they go back into the "vault"

1940 Walking Liberty Half PR65 OGH—$500 SOLD!
Definitely an original example of this low mintage (11,279) proof issue. Light surface haze and a few minor reverse toning spots on the eagle indicate a preserved, un-dipped silver coin that's been stable in her OGH for many years.

1889-S Morgan Dollar MS63 OGH CMQ—$600 No longer available
CMQ approval denotes strong quality for the grade on this fully white and lustrous S-mint issue with only 700k mintage. Strongly struck with a particularly flashy semi-prooflike reverse; great coin for a Morgan collector.

1923 Peace Dollar MS65 CAC—$250 No longer available
This coin literally stopped me in my tracks at Winter FUN—it's blindingly white and lustrous, in an OGH w/CAC approval. It's a solid 65+, and I wouldn't be shocked to see it make 66. This is incredibly PQ for the grade.

1909-D Indian Half Eagle MS64 OGH—$1900 No longer available
Wholesome, solid example of this ideal type year half eagle. PCGS Guide of $3250 is a stretch from reality, but a 65 is a five-figure coin so an MS64 '09-D in an OGH is the perfect coin for a representative of this series.

1904 Liberty Double Eagle MS63 OGH CMQ—$2300 $2250 $2200 No longer available
Common year big gold, but CMQ approval shows that this lovely lady stands above her peers. Nice original example that looks great in a green sticker + green holder combo. There is a minor rail crack on the reverse slab (see photo, upper left).

1908 St. Gaudens Double Eagle MS63 OGH CMQ—$2300 $2250 $2200 No longer available
Booming luster on slightly textured surfaces is the first thing you'll notice about this Saint, which is an above-average example of a common year/variety as evidenced by CMQ approval. Would pair nicely with the $20 Lib.

Payment: accepted via Zelle (preferred), PayPal F&F, PayPal G&S (add 3%), Venmo, money order, check (the item will be held until my bank confirms the check has fully cleared)

Shipping: prices are all-in delivered for USPS w/tracking & insurance; sale is considered completed when USPS marks item delivered. Higher value shipments may be upgraded to Registered and/or Restricted Delivery service.

References: successful BST transactions with ad4400 , TomB , ZoidMeister , robkool , MWallace , PatriotPat , PapiNE , lermish , Toningintheblood , greencopper, greekpryde , Ilikecolor , marcmoish

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

Comments

• Options

🏈 Happy Super Bowl Sunday 🏈

All remaining items have been cross-listed on eBay, so send me a PM if anything is of interest. I reduced the prices on the big gold a little to reflect the change in gold price this week.

Here are close-up shots of the 1909-D $5:

• Options

Here's a video that better shows off the flashy, semi-reflective reverse on the 89-S Morgan.

• Options

Last chance on all these. Knocked down the big gold another $50. If no takers, just adding to my gold stack :)

I pulled the most recent auction prices for 1909-D OGH Indian $5 (non-CAC):

Asking just $1900 for my example.