Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

fs: ebay dan carr moonlight mint auctions

stevebensteveben Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 3, 2024 12:19PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

i will be posting dan carr coins i have for sale on ebay here. right now, i only have one, but as time goes on, i will be posting more. thanks for taking a look and good luck!

ending 2/4/24

1964-D Fantasy Morgan Silver Dollar Daniel Carr Moonlight Mint Proof-like Die 2

Comments

  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @steveben said:
    i will be posting dan carr coins i have for sale on ebay here. right now, i only have one, but as time goes on, i will be posting more. thanks for taking a look and good luck!

    ending 1/4/24

    1964-D Fantasy Morgan Silver Dollar Daniel Carr Moonlight Mint Proof-like Die 2

    Neat looking DCAM "Morgan" Good luck with the auction.
    (I do think you mean the auction ends 2/4/24 though. . .)

    peacockcoins

  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looking forward to your goodies. Good luck. Peace Roy

    BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2024 3:13PM

    Just a heads-up: Your ebay listing has photos of TWO different Carr items -- a Matte finish dollar and a PL dollar. But based on the title & description, apparently the listing is only for the PL dollar.

    That is, I believe you mistakenly included photos of the Matte finish dollar.

    Anyway, your Proof-like dollar looks attractively Cameo. Very nice!

    GLWS.

    Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @COCollector said:
    Just a heads-up: Your ebay listing has photos of TWO different Carr items -- a Matte finish dollar and a PL dollar. But based on the title & description, apparently the listing is only for the PL dollar.

    That is, I believe you mistakenly included photos of the Matte finish dollar.

    Anyway, your Proof-like dollar looks attractively Cameo. Very nice!

    GLWS.

    i know it may seem weird, but it's the same coin. the second set of photos of the coin has something black reflecting in the coin's mirror.

  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My listed was removed. I have been informed by eBay that this item is in violation of their listing policy. According to the agent I spoke with any Dan Carr items that are replicas are no longer allowed because the coin has been "destroyed."

  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Might be because of your description cause there's many of Dans work on the Bay. Good luck

    BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @steveben said:
    My listed was removed. I have been informed by eBay that this item is in violation of their listing policy. According to the agent I spoke with any Dan Carr items that are replicas are no longer allowed because the coin has been "destroyed."

    If this ends up being a new, or simply enforced policy with eBay it could have negative reprocussions with these Moonlight Mint coins as many collectors do seek out these fantasy pieces on eBay.

    peacockcoins

  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @dcarr Hi Dan, are you aware of this Bay incident? Peace Roy

    BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

    here is a portion of my transcript with the agent:

  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I just searched ebay for "Carr" under coins and received 1,200+ listings. Something went weird for you and ebay and this agent.

    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2024 4:53PM

    Somebody probably reported it as fake. I had mine pulled once a few months back. After a few days of Ebay checking they said I was good to go.

    Make sure you mention fantasy date in listing and category. Show the COA if you have one.

    I bet by Wednesday they'll have you up and running.

  • U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bullsitter said:
    Somebody probably reported it as fake. I had mine pulled once a few months back. After a few days of Ebay checking they said I was good to go.

    Make sure you mention fantasy date in listing and category. Show the COA if you have one.

    I bet by Wednesday they'll have you up and running.

    I wonder if the word "fantasy" triggers some algorithm at eBay or makes them more likely to remove it when someone reports the listing?
    Maybe it is better to remove that word and just call it a "Dan Carr Overstrike" (then add in the description that this is an overstrike produced by Dan Carr and not by the US Mint).

  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This is the category most are sold under.

  • originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭✭

    What a pain -- sorry for the hassle.

  • U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bullsitter said:
    This is the category most are sold under.

    Even though that is the category, something about that word “fantasy” in the title or listing at times still triggers eBay’s attention.

  • stevebensteveben Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

    thanks everyone for the responses and support.

    it appears that the category itself is the reason this listing was removed. here is the policy:

    eBay link: Replica coins and currency policy

  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

    steveben, you're probably right about the category triggering removal.

    Anyway, whatever the reason, definitely re-list it under another category.

    The category I successfully used for years for Carr overstrikes is:
    Coins & Paper Money > Exonumia > Fantasy Issue Coins

    But I haven't sold on ebay in over a year, so maybe things have changed.

    And as someone else mentioned, include a photo of the certificate.

    Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

Sign In or Register to comment.