Home U.S. Coin Forum

1874 cc with arrows

MartinMartin Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭✭

Visited the local shop today. Guys says we got back the rare dime from PCGS. I was in the dark, I had not been there for a couple weeks. Any way this dime in A small cardboard box with several miscellaneous coins. apparently all old, came in off the street. Nothing else in the box anywhere close to being special.

It just go to show what is still hanging around.

It is detail graded. But there just any many of them out there

Thought I’d share

Martin

Comments

• rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a downright amazing find. I'd take it all day over the typical worn out specimen, with or without the details grade.

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am glad they found it, but its amazing to me how many dealers just buy stuff without even looking at the coins, how do they price the stuff. A dealer here locally I know buys crap all the time, and has me go thru it, I say "hey look at this, he is like dumfounded, I didnt know that was in there."well how the h did you price it for the person selling it.

• MartinMartin Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:
    I am glad they found it, but its amazing to me how many dealers just buy stuff without even looking at the coins, how do they price the stuff. A dealer here locally I know buys crap all the time, and has me go thru it, I say "hey look at this, he is like dumfounded, I didnt know that was in there."well how the h did you price it for the person selling it.

These guys at the time actually were searching through the box. I’m guessing it had some old dated items and he was going through them with the owner of the coins to price them out when he ran across the dime.

Martin

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find! I've seen worse early CC coins straight graded. This one isn't that bad.

• MartinMartin Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2024 8:28PM

@Manifest_Destiny said:
    Nice find! I've seen worse early CC coins straight graded. This one isn't that bad.

It does have some
    Pitting in the wreath on the left side. The black spot in the center looks like some gunk. The glass they had was not the best and my eyes are old. But I was thinking the spot would come off

I did like the overall look of that coin

Martin

• 2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would love to know where the coin came from!
    Is the shop somewhere in the West?
    A detector find perhaps?

• RobertScotLoverRobertScotLover Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty amazing find

• RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

That coin could easily have straight graded. Good find.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file