Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

In memory of OAKSTAR.

2»

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    The ban hammer is probably why there's like 6 people that post on kitco anymore, although the rules there are much looser - you gotta F-up, even in the open forums.

Or just be anti Q. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    HillbillyCollectorHillbillyCollector Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP OAKSTAR!!!!!
    Hit me with DM once you’re fully reincarnated.😉👍

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2024 6:56AM

@Mizzou said:
    Censoring is becoming quite common in the United States, never thought I'd live to see it

Really??? Did the US gubmint swoop in here and "censor", then ban him? Nope, it was a PCGS moderator. But thanks for wading in the shallow end and not phrasing it like "our freedom of speach is being taken away" (with that exact spelling).

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mizzou said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Mizzou said:
    Censoring is becoming quite common in the United States, never thought I'd live to see it.

It is not censoring. The mods posted forum rules that we all must follow. If you break a rule you are warned by the Mods and made aware of what you did.

If you break a rule a second time you get another warning. Third time put in jail...then a fourth or fifth time you may get banned.

The Mods provide ample warning and several chances before an outright ban. By the time you get banned you either don't care or are too stubborn to stop the violations.

You're right, it's more like cancel culture.

Gawd, we can't get away from the whiners anywhere!

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2024 10:03PM

https://youtu.be/5FQtSn_vak0

Cancel this you righties LULZ!. RGDS!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    TrampTramp Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

I predict this thread will be shut down before the day is over. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    I predict this thread will be shut down before the day is over. :D

Or not (this am) 😵. Have a good day all

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    name calling is also frowned upon.

if they didn't stop political arguments, this place would turn into a non-stop political post generator, with some personal hate posts in them and via PM

us coins
    us coins
    us coins

I totally agree.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:

@Mizzou said:

@lermish said:

@Mizzou said:
    Censoring is becoming quite common in the United States, never thought I'd live to see it.

Shocked it took this long for someone to make this comment. So I'll make the standard statement (cliche at this point):

This is a privately owned board. The owner has the right to allow or disallow any statements they wish. This is not a censorship issue. The owner of the message board is exercising its right by allowing whatever it wishes or not. This is NOT an infringement of anyone else's rights. You do not have the RIGHT to post on this board. It is a privilege extended by PCGS and it should be treated as such.

Edit for typo

@lermish, Have you ever smoked a joint or been in a fist fight? Didn't think so...

So, whatever IT wishes huh and that’s okay because it’s a “private board” well isn’t that convenient being a publicly held company. FB must be private as well.

Yes! Whether you like it or not is a different matter but yes! Privately owned companies (whether publicly traded or not) are not owned by the government and as such are not responsible to provide a platform for free speech.

The probable best way to change this, if you don't like it, is to try to promote a constitutional amendment and/or overturn Citizens United vs FEC. Corporations are considered people and have all of the rights of personhood.

• Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I recall, OAKSTAR seemed to like ANACS old, small, soapbox holders.

Coins
    Coins
    Coins

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options
    CRHer700CRHer700 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeattleSlammer said:
    You’re a newb so you may not know — “In memory of [insert name]” definitely sounds like someone died — plus, a good way to get banned yourself is to start a thread lamenting the banning of someone else

As others have mentioned, I did not mention the word “ban” or “banned” in the original post. I do wish he would be reinstated, but this is out of my control. I only wished to state the fact that @OAKSTAR is gone, and that he liked his dollar coins, nothing more. I did not mean to start an argument or say anything provocative. I apologise if anyone got that from my post.

Cheers, and God Bless, CRHer700 :mrgreen:
    Do unto others what you expect to be done to you.

This discussion has been closed.