Home Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

yup, that was a pretty bad meltdown. not quite 28-3 bad, but pretty bad...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

Agreed 100%

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still believe that not taking that easy 3 point field goal at the time was a big factor in this meltdown.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

Everyone who understands the game of football, understands the odds of that happening are next to impossible.

I watched that game live on TV. I can still hardly believe it. 😲

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@craig44 said:

Everyone who understands the game of football, understands the odds of that happening are next to impossible.

I watched that game live on TV. I can still hardly believe it. 😲

I'm still excited about it lol

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2024 7:35PM

The coaching staff was to cocky! I watched the news coming from Detroit the motor city reporters were to chicken to say anything negative about the stupid plays that cost them a chance to go to a Super Bowl as a matter of fact a Canadian reporter from TSN on the field after the game mentioned that the players were shaking their heads in disbelief.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2024 8:42PM

@stevek said:
    I still believe that not taking that easy 3 point field goal at the time was a big factor in this meltdown.

There was nothing easy about that 47 yard kick. Their FG kicker was under 60 percent from 45-50 yards which is a coin flip whether it would be made or not and people need to stop pretending that would have been automatic. Hes also terrible from 50+. Their kicker was so bad he was cut in the pre-season and resigned later in the year because the replacement was even worse. Their kicker even missed two extra points already that year playing 4 games and has been on 5 teams in 6 years.

There was nothing easy about that kick at all with him. The real criticism would be having him on the team

They lost because they dropped two 4th down passes that need to be caught 99% of the time by NFL receivers and batting a great punt into the endzone for a touch back.

The biggest reason they lost was a long pass that hit the DB in the face which should have been an interception and bounced up and was a touchdown for SF because of the mistake by the Detroit secondary

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2024 10:31PM

Dan Campbell although he is a decent coach, cost the Lions at least 2 wins this past year, including a trip to the Super bowl.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21