Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Package From Spain Can Be Tracked Via USPS?

I just checked the tracking number starts with RF then some numbers and ends with ES

I see this:
doesn't seem to be a USPS tracking number. Please check the number and carrier and try again

Then if I go to View details on USPS:
Not Trackable
USPS Tracking® is unavailable for this product for SPAIN.

But I can see it on: Correos . es

Comments

• ELuisELuis Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see this:

Guess that still it is not marked that arrive in the US, so that it is why cannot be tracked on USPS yet.

• tcollectstcollects Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

for what it's worth, registered or DHL packages from Portugal don't show up for tracking once they've arrived at the processing center, I wouldn't stress about it

@tcollects said:
    for what it's worth, registered or DHL packages from Portugal don't show up for tracking once they've arrived at the processing center, I wouldn't stress about it

Thanks!

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will start updating USPS tracking once it arrives in US.

You can also use a 3rd party tracker like: https://www.track-trace.com/post

@TwoKopeiki said:
    It will start updating USPS tracking once it arrives in US.

You can also use a 3rd party tracker like: https://www.track-trace.com/post

Thanks!

I asked because I just got today a tracking number after 11 days that I bought a coin.

• It will start updating USPS tracking once it arrives in US.

Not for normal Registered Mail from Spain Correos. Spain is one of those countries where USPS won't provide it for you on their tracking page. I believe that stems back to a dispute from some years back about who pays what to international cooperative postal efforts (the Universal Postal Union).

Mind you, it's been maybe a year or two for me buying from Spain, but was buying frequently before and that's how it had been dating back to 2015-16 or so. Given the message received, I assume it's still the same.

The funny thing is that they must have given eBay special privileges, since movement within the U.S. WOULD usually be shown for such parcels on My eBay/the Order Details page.

As noted above, I recall it being the same situation for Portugal. The UK, France and Germany all DO show. It varies for other countries.

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2024 12:03PM

I would not stress it. I have ordered a few coins from Europe and they arrived fast and safe. I could not track them either since I live in Canada so do not worry.

edited January 29, 2024 12:23PM

Got it and again thanks for all the info.

I am in California, I always have used my PO BOX, so at least I need the tracking number that I have now, at least to know when will be avail.

The package from Spain arrived on FEB.1.2024, I went on Saturday 3, the person on USPS office, looked for the package and was not able to find it. They found the package but I was able to go today to pick it up.

And yes you cannot track a package send it from Spain via USPS. I was able only via Correos . es
    Something odd, I can see that USPS can mark the package as delivered and it is show that on Correos . es from Spain.

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

All OK with your coin and package?

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    All OK with your coin and package?

Yes, I got the coin, I just post it on my Some new additions topic.

• SimonWSimonW Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought something in Spain that took six months to get here. 🥴. But it did get here

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

@SimonW This one took 14 days.

The reason of this buy was a 1733 1R that end up not available, so i tried with the 1/2R to get the idea of how the process will end up taking.

On a side note: I have been in Spain many times and have stay there for more than a month, but was some years ago, and I was not in the coins buy/search mode back then.

• SimonWSimonW Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ELuis said:
    @SimonW This one took 14 days.

The reason of this buy was a 1733 1R that end up not available, so i tried with the 1/2R to get the idea of how the process will end up taking.

On a side note: I have been in Spain many times and have stay there for more than a month, but was some years ago, and I was not in the coins buy/search mode back then.

I lived in Spain for a few years, it’s actually where I first started collecting coins, Roman at first. One reason I’m very interested in Spanish colonial coins.

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received my package from Poland in 8 days.