Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Show n tell: Reverse negative error proof card

One of the areas of collecting I dabble in is error, wrong back or oddball cards. I know most consider these worthless but I enjoy them.
I recently purchased a 1994 Topps traded proof of Dave Clark that has the image reversed. It's a blank back card on much thinner glossy stock. It's also shorter than the regular issue card (I had to get the original as well because they look cool as a pair). The blank back card has the words Match Base Publication in ghost lettering that you can see on an angle in the light but not on the scan:

Daniel

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a lover of all things '90 Donruss, I am, of course, enamored with your reverse negative. I wonder if that the printer's name.

Arthur

• Options
    junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 243 ✭✭✭

I saw a handful of these on ebay. Very cool cards. The team/pos font difference kinda drives me nuts though.

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭

Love it as I do with all things reversed negative. I have seen several other proof cards that were reversed but only the picture, not the entire card.

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 472 ✭✭✭

This is very cool. Great buy.