Home Q & A Forum

1971 “no S” proof set submission

I have a 1971 proof set with a “no S” Jefferson nickel. Should I submit the nickel or leave it in the proof set? If submitting, what is the best way to submit? Crack the proof set or submit with the proof set intact? I have no desire to have the other coins in the set graded.

Best Answers

  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Welcome to the forum! :)

    No need to "crack" the proof set, it will open easily on the edge, it's not sealed. ;)

    You can submit the single coin or the whole set.

    Care to show us some photos of your coin/set?

  • Options
    DolfandanDolfandan Posts: 3

  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If you are not confident on how to remove it or how to handle it after you have removed it just send the whole thing to PCGS and note on the submission form grade nickel only.


Sign In or Register to comment.