Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Is this coin $4,500 OR $650 1990D 25 c

This is a finest know Ms 68 ngc 25 cent 1990 d and pcgs lists it at 4500 but ngc is 650
How much can I get
I am looking to sell it

Comments

• greencoppergreencopper Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

You can get $650.00 at the most because NGC graded it. PCGS is more conservative than NGC.

No matter if you live in a palace of gold, or sleep in a dried up ditch, you'll never be happy as the fairies are, and never no never as rich. Anonymous
  • @greencopper said:
    You can get $650.00 at the most because NGC graded it. PCGS is more conservative than NGC.

Didn't know that
    So would it be worth to send it to pcgs

Not if we are talking about small cents. pcgs is much harder on their cents than NGC. I am not sure

No matter if you live in a palace of gold, or sleep in a dried up ditch, you'll never be happy as the fairies are, and never no never as rich. Anonymous

I am uncertain about other denominations.

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shayez said:
    This is a finest know Ms 68 ngc 25 cent 1990 d and pcgs lists it at 4500 but ngc is 650
    How much can I get
    I am looking to sell it

The reason that PCGS shows this coin with a value of $4,500 is that PCGS has not graded any 1990-D Qtr higher than MS67+, so the price guide uses the one sale of a 67+ and extrapolates what it thinks an MS68 would sell for if one is ever graded that high by PCGS.

The fact that PCGS has not graded one at the MS68 level suggests that your coin has a low chance of being the first at PCGS to grade MS68.

As to what it is worth in the NGC holder, here are some auction results for other NGC graded coin in MS68. There is one outlier in the past auction records from GC that I would not use as a valid data point, and from these I would say that $350-$450 is a reasonable valuation for this coin.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.