Home U.S. Coin Forum

Guess the Grade Feature on MyCollect is way cool!

124»

Comments

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2024 2:16PM

Gold is still hammering me. Not as badly but how is this a 64? Most the 62 gold looks much nicer.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• MoparmonsterMoparmonster Posts: 220 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like Mycollect has thrown another wrench into the game… Now with a 45 second countdown timer! Should be rather interesting 😉. I’ve been having fun but once I got on the leaderboard, I’ve found I haven’t been grading much because I just want to relish being on there 😆. Gotta be able to prove your worth though lol! Quite the fun game though and can improve your eye for grading. Great job @ianrussell and Mycollect team!

• jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am over it!! I get three correct in a row and my score does not increase any. I click MS-66 on a spotty Washington quarter and my average drops a 0.2 percent each time because it is MS-68+. I had a score to be proud of now it drops every time I play. Not worth the frustration and headache to me.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.
    BHNC #AN-10
    JRCS #1606

2001 coins graded now. Still 55.1 percent. Had a couple coins timeout because my phone rang. I play this on my phone. Some of the silver coins have gotten me because the of the toning is difficult to determine grade. I think 55.1 percent grading from photos of coins in slabs is decent.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Here's the last coin I graded on there today. It definitely looks to be QC, but somehow straight graded. It appears to have a virus.

• jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 That's the ol' sneeze droplet toning :D

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" Matthew 6:33. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.
    BHNC #AN-10
    JRCS #1606

• maymay Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they should get rid of the timer.

Type collector, mainly into Seated. -formerly Ownerofawheatiehorde. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON, Gerard

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve gone up a few % since they put in the timer. It keeps me from second guessing myself

Mr_Spud

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    Here's the last coin I graded on there today. It definitely looks to be QC, but somehow straight graded. It appears to have a virus.

Hides the milk spots nicely.

@Mr_Spud said:
    I’ve gone up a few % since they put in the timer. It keeps me from second guessing myself

Im still the same since the timer, but I've had a couple of time outs because my phone rang. I'm still 55 percent and bouncing between 55.1 and 55.5.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file