Home U.S. Coin Forum

2024-W American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof and 2024 Congratulations Set on sale today at the Mint.

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who's buying? Awful quiet in here.

2024-W American Eagle Proof

Item Number: 24EA
Mintage Limit: None
Product Limit: None
Household Order Limit: 25

Congratulations Set 2024

Item Number: 24RF
Product Limit: 55,000
Household Order Limit: 3

Comments

• NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    Who's buying? Awful quiet in here.

2024-W American Eagle Proof

Item Number: 24EA
    Product Limit: None
    Household Order Limit: 25

Congratulations Set 2024

Item Number: 24RF
    Product Limit: 55,000
    Household Order Limit: 3

Yeah, well, it is what it is, with no product limit and nothing special about the Congratulations set other than the wrapper. They'll sell plenty, because people like them, but there is nothing for us to talk about.

• CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2024 2:05PM

I had to go check and see if all of them had receded edges. I guess the tamper Reed is the kicker, do we know that all 24w’s have that?

@Crypto said:
    I had to go check and see if all of them had receded edges. I guess the tamper Reed is the kicker, do we know that all 24w’s have that?

Yup.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2024 11:47PM

Subscriptions and unlimited or high mintage totals have pretty much quashed all the hype that would lead up to new Mint releases. I bought 1 ASE Proof for $80 shipped because I like the coin and the OGP but in general there is nothing worth getting excited about as far as Mint offerings with the current configurations. It was fun while it lasted, though.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received my 2024 proof silver eagle today. Yes I like them and buy one every year.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently on back order, yet you can still purchase this set.

It's still OK to add to bag, is this something new?

Mint Link

edited January 22, 2024 3:41PM

@Goldbully said:
    Currently on back order, yet you can still purchase this set.

It's still OK to add to bag, is this something new?

Mint Link

No, it's not new.

Back Order is distinguished from Unavailable or Sold Out. Sold Out means they are done, and will no longer accept orders.

Unavailable means they are sold out, but are holding out the possibility of the item being offered again due to returns, canceled orders, etc., so they offer a Remind Me button. This is typically what pops up at 7:30 a.m.

Finally, Back Order means they are out of stock, and therefore not available for immediate shipping, but have not reached their product or mintage limit, and will continue to be produced and sold. This is why you can add it to the bag.

It has always been this way. It's just that it doesn't happen often, since hot issues go to Unavailable almost immediately, and items that are readily available do not usually go on Back Order.

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry. Back when silver had a big run in 2011, I fell into the US Mint's trap and bought 5 2011-W Eagles for around $66 each.
    The Proofs were even more but no where near $82.
    With Silver languishing at $22 an ounce, I'm out.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
    edited January 22, 2024 3:48PM

@19Lyds said:
    Sorry. Back when silver had a big run in 2011, I fell into the US Mint's trap and bought 5 2011-W Eagles for around $66 each.
    The Proofs were even more but no where near $82.
    With Silver languishing at $22 an ounce, I'm out.

Totally understandable. While proof and limited mintage burnished and uncirculated coins ave never been targeted to people buying precious metals as a bullion investment, Mint management in recent years has taken a page out of the book of other world mints and seriously jacked up the premiums charged for their collector products, both precious and base metals.

On the one hand, it is really unjustifiable, given the volumes the US Mint sells as compared to other world mints. On the other hand, to the extent they can get it, they ARE generating serious coin for the US Treasury, and actually supporting long term values by suppressing demand, and consequently mintage, at issue.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJCoin.....you are correct yet again.

The Congratulations Set 2024 is back on sale at the Mint.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

May still be available at or below cost for Christmas presents at the end of the year. :#

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • erscoloerscolo Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭✭

I purchase one proof through enrollment and was pleasantly surprised to see the return of a clam shell box. As for the congratulations set, I have never collected those and it is the same silver eagle.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cranium_Basher73 said:
    The mint changed the packaging. I like the flip cases better than what they were in the past few years. I hope they do this to the Morgan and Peace dollars, too.

Yes....I really like the new flip cases!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file