Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help-Fish Eye or Tilt

Just wanted to find out what you guys thought. On a PSA 7 card, with similar prices, which do you think is more desirable? One with a fish eye or one with a slight tilt? Thanks.

Mike

PackManInNC

Comments

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will take a fish eye as long as it’s not on the players face…

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree…tilt is the worst possible characteristic to me. But I am a centering freak as a full disclaimer..

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have to see the two cards - depends on the severity of each. Without seeing I would guess the tilt would bother me more.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2024 8:25PM

Tilt bothers me way way more than a fish eye

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also would need to see the two cards. How big and noticeable of a fish eye and how much of a "slight tilt".

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

Even with razor-sharp corners and edges that are well-centered I cannot stand to have a card with an obvious tilt in my collection.

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Here are the two cards in question for my neighbor. Thanks for opinions.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/315025565457
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/186233055021

PackManInNC
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

I like the one with 921 ending.

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with coinspacks... given a choice, I'd take the 3921 card. The fish eye on 5188 is a bit distracting. I don't see much of a tilt on 3921, but my eyes are old. Both are great cards.

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2024 10:30AM

The 921 appears to be laying to the right (up against/under the rail) making it appear to have tilt...it may not actually be tilted. If that is the case, go with 921...

• Options

I do see what you are saying. It is hard to tell.

PackManInNC
  • Options

I just can't help but keep staring at the fisheye because it is right in center of card in the blue.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    jraytayjraytay Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

Well.....I hit the Rose RC exacta with a tilt plus a fisheye. Wouldn't you just know the fisheye had to be on his face :/ ?

• Options

Tough call. The card with tilt has better corners and seems to be sitting in holder a little tilted, so it might look better if it wasn't.
    I would take the tilted one, the print dot on the other one is very distracting.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

For that kind of money just wait for a higher quality PSA 7 to come along.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is a toss-up. I'd make an offer on 188 and see if you could get some $ off.

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2024 10:03PM

@Darin said:
    For that kind of money just wait for a higher quality PSA 7 to come along.

Pretty sound advice. I would go to a card show with your neighbor and see if you can get one in person, possibly even trade cards he no longer cares about to get more off.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will second waiting for a better example. we are in a sellers market right now.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I will second waiting for a better example. we are in a sellers market right now.

Buyers market?

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

Buyers market?

correction. my brain was saying buyers market and my stupid fingers typed sellers.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Most of my posts are like that.😁