Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I need some grading help please!

This card came back from PSA a NM 7. I compared corners etc with a PSA 9 that I already had, and if anything the corners are a little bit nicer on the 7. I don't have much experience grading 1994 refractors, am I missing something obvious? The centering looks ok to me, I'm just puzzled and I don't want to try again if there's something I'm not seeing. Thanks in advance to anybody willing to share their wisdom! The lower right corner looked the worst to me so I included a high resolution scan of that corner. It looks fine to me from both front and back. I'm not questioning PSA, I don't know what I'm missing.

Comments

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

Must be a surface dimple somewhere is my guess. That hurts!

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

You definitely need to reach to our AI overlords. I'm sure they can explain. >:)

Based on my recent returns I have no idea what anything means anymore.

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

could be 2 small dots above e in FINEST?

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

Has to be surface.
    Quite a few print dots in area of helmet, Finest, top border.
    What is the line/indent? across the forearm and sweatband?
    Are there micro-scratches seen when you tilt the card in the light?

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

If he stuff on the top is on the card that would explain some of it. But the centering is great. 8.5 IMHO.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭

Morning,
    Reason Number # 89 why I'll never why I'll never ever ever submit another Card to PSA.

YeeHaw!

Neil

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Thank for the thoughts! I'll just enjoy it as is, it's good enough for me! Doesn't really matter what number is on the slab.