Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Authenticated on eBay and clearly ** real**

Goldy213Goldy213 Posts: 35 ✭✭

I’m sick to my stomach, I’ve been buying a ton of O’Neil Cruz cards - eBay authenticated this card , and was adding it to my “card ladder” account and some Ron Guidry junk wax card showed up on the psa certification. I looked again and sure enough, still Guidry
Now where do I go? Do I contact eBay? Psa? Who on eBay??

Comments

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2024 4:41AM

Delete…

• Options

Yup similar boat. So annoying

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2024 10:29PM

Seems that your issue is that you looked up your autograph authentication ONLY item under the PSA Card Authentication system.... If you scan the QR code on the back of the flip, you get the option to seleect the PSA/DNA Cert... So you can change your post title to "Authenticated on eBay and clearly REAL!" :D

• Options

@RufussCkingston said:
    Seems that your issue is that you looked up your autograph authentication ONLY item under the PSA Card Authentication system.... If you scan the QR code on the back of the flip, you get the option to seleect the PSA/DNA Cert... So you can change your post title to "Authenticated on eBay and clearly REAL!" :D

Somebody buy him a beer for making the time to figure that one out. Good looking out.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldy213 said:
    I’m sick to my stomach, I’ve been buying a ton of O’Neil Cruz cards - eBay authenticated this card , and was adding it to my “card ladder” account and some Ron Guidry junk wax card showed up on the psa certification. I looked again and sure enough, still Guidry
    Now where do I go? Do I contact eBay? Psa? Who on eBay??

The card was never authenticated...the autograph was ..good catch Ruffuss

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I often search for cert numbers and it’s only this past month that I see the screen to choose between PSA and PSA/DNA. Is using the same cert number twice a new thing? Seems like an unnecessary confusion…

• Options

Do some people really think that Oneal Cruz aftermarket signed cards are being counterfeited and put into fake PSA holders?

Also, as Rufuss already pointed out, when you enter a cert # in the PSA Certification Verification, it will prompt you asking if you're looking up a PSA graded card or a PSA/DNA item (if the cert # has been used for both services). It really is not the complicated or hard to figure out. It is literally spelled out on the label and on the PSA cert lookup page.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

@SmithAuctionCo said:
    Do some people really think that Oneal Cruz aftermarket signed cards are being counterfeited and put into fake PSA holders?

Obviously yes lol

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

Do you feel tough bullying people on sports cards forums?? Are you still in 4th grade? Thanks to the people who answered and helped , literally why we have forums.

@SmithAuctionCo said:

Also, as Rufuss already pointed out, when you enter a cert # in the PSA Certification Verification, it will prompt you asking if you're looking up a PSA graded card or a PSA/DNA item (if the cert # has been used for both services). It really is not the complicated or hard to figure out. It is literally spelled out on the label and on the PSA cert lookup page.

• Options

His name is spelled wrong on the label! Found something wrong 😑 lol. That’s easy to fix

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

Actually, the label is right and the card is wrong - his name is Oneil Cruz :D

Jim

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    I often search for cert numbers and it’s only this past month that I see the screen to choose between PSA and PSA/DNA. Is using the same cert number twice a new thing? Seems like an unnecessary confusion…

I believe the PSA/DNA certs started at a higher number. (8XXXXXXX maybe, I dont really know)
    With all the cards being graded the PSA cert numbers recently caught up so they overlapped. (My latest sub was 84XXXXXX)
    Apparently they didn't bother to skip the set of numbers set aside for PSA/DNA.
    They're running out of 8 digit numbers soon. They either add a digit or maybe a Letter.

• Options

That's one ill Cruz card. I think Akeem would agree.

• Options

@PaulMaul said:

Some of my recently-submitted Pokemon items showed the note in the app that a PSA/DNA item with the same cert number exists.

I submitted a question to customer service and was advised that items in different categories can have the same cert number...