Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Very Poor Service

Anyone else receiving the worst service possible? I cant believe the lack of quality that I am getting. Wrinkles inside the holder, broken holder, typographical errors. Extremely slow service requests. I have been waiting for over 4 months to add cards to my collection. I will from now on I will have them graded somewhere else!

Comments

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

With the millions of cards graded every year, there is always going to be some failure percentage, but for the most part, the majority of customers don't have issues, you just happened to win the unlucky lottery...

And what does wrinkles inside the holder mean? And typographical errors? It's all done from a database when you enter your submission, so no one is manually typing out the flip for each slab. Why are you waiting 4 months? Is something supposed to happen the longer you wait?

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

No reason to do better when you have no truly viable competition.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    jraytayjraytay Posts: 126 ✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said:
    With the millions of cards graded every year, there is always going to be some failure percentage, but for the most part, the majority of customers don't have issues, you just happened to win the unlucky lottery...

And what does wrinkles inside the holder mean? And typographical errors? It's all done from a database when you enter your submission, so no one is manually typing out the flip for each slab. Why are you waiting 4 months? Is something supposed to happen the longer you wait?

Regarding wrinkles in the holder I think Danno63 is referring to the the cert label. Here is an example of an older label with the cert wrinkled. Tough to photograph but obvious in person. Have thought about having it re-holdered but still on the fence.

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't consider wrinkles in the label.
    I thought he was referring to wrinkling effect that sometimes happens in the case border with smaller cards.

• Options
    Danno63Danno63 Posts: 11 ✭✭

Sorry to burst your PSA bubble
    the 2019 is card #18 not #1 they put this as an option to collect but this isn't #1 so .....
    the 1999 is a cracked holder. I sent them pictures and nothing back and now it will cost me to have it changed out3
    the 2017 is just poor quality and should have never sent back like this

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I assumed the wrinkles were air pockets in the holder.

I've seen a few of them on ebay with new labels. I assume it's not packaged looking that way and it happens once mailed because if it's already shown in the pictures then QA isn't happening or they aren't doing a good job.

What's the incentive to make improvements if they rarely give you credit for mistakes?

PSA loses efficiency because they have re-work and the customer loses time and trust. PSA will correct their mistake, which the process is already designed to catch, but now you have 2 problems. PSA addresses the original problem of their mistake but do they offer to address the problem of the additional time and hassle? I assume the customer must make a request/demand for this secondary problem but maybe PSA proactively offers something for the customer satisfaction side of things.

My membership is about to expire and I'm reflecting on the last year of performance, prices, and improvements to decide if it's worth another year.

There is a concept called zero tolerance...where any mistakes found (that already have a process to correct implemented) have direct consequences on employee either through wages, their performance report, or both. I don't know anything about their operations but as a former operations manager...there are definitely ways to reduce catchable mistakes.

• Options

@jraytay said:

@RufussCkingston said:

Regarding wrinkles in the holder I think Danno63 is referring to the the cert label. Here is an example of an older label with the cert wrinkled. Tough to photograph but obvious in person. Have thought about having it re-holdered but still on the fence.

I doubt it is that, as the current flips are actually metalic/holo stickers, where in the beginning they were just pieces of paper.

• Options
    edited January 8, 2024 5:03PM

@Danno63 said:
    the 2019 is card #18 not #1 they put this as an option to collect but this isn't #1 so .....
    the 1999 is a cracked holder. I sent them pictures and nothing back and now it will cost me to have it changed out3

The wrinkles suck, but that's more a thick card issue than a PSA issue, but they might correct it. As for your cracked slab, that is a 2+ year old cert#, so are you picking out cards from random over the years subs to bitch about, as you certainly did not just get that cracked card back from PSA. As well, it is so old, they aren't going to fix it for free. The mis-identified slab is about a year old, and I guess it depends on what you entered it is in the submission.. So I'm going to say that this all a YOU issue and not really a PSA general issue. Next you are going to tell us that you didn't submit any of these cards and bought them off eBay, right! :)

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Danno63 said:

As others have mentioned, that cracked slab was submitted in like 2021. Was it returned cracked at the time? If so, why wait 2+ years to address the issue? If it was cracked after it was in your possession, exactly how is that PSA’s fault?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

@RufussCkingston said: The mis-identified slab is about a year old, and I guess it depends on what you entered it is in the submission.. So I'm going to say that this all a YOU issue and not really a PSA general issue. Next you are going to tell us that you didn't submit any of these cards and bought them off eBay, right! :)

The only part I disagree with is that the submitter is responsible incorrect labels. If PSA isn't accountable for this then why do they have QA more than once in the process? If PSA isn't to blame and isn't qualified to catch it then why aren't we all submitting false info in situations where we would benefit like saying something is a Tiffany? Obviously they should catch a Tiffany.

If you want a recorder and there is a mislabeled card then will QA catch it the 2nd time through?

Maybe the label issue was more prevalent at the time and it's been addressed internally to drastically reduce the occurrence of the issue.

• Options

I don't care about the wrinkles, I am drooling over the '61 Mantle graded NM.

• Options
    Danno63Danno63 Posts: 11 ✭✭

@RufussCkingston Yes, I did send them emails but no answer, so I gave up. Now I giving up on PSA altogether mainly for other issues. I know what I did and PSA service sucks. Period. Nothing you say can change my mind.
    I wouldn't purchase any card like this on eBay or any other auction site.
    One question though, how clean did you get PSA's boots?