Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another complaint about a familiar eBay seller - UPDATE

fightfraud24fightfraud24 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭

Although I've seen a few negative comments about this seller here before I had never previously had a problem with them.
Generally when I've been bothered by a sellers actions ( eg slow shipping, poor packaging, high shipping costs etc. )
I don't leave any feedback. It has been years since I've left a negative but I think I might have to now.

On Dec 14th I won 23 1965 Topps PSA graded card auctions. The seller advertised shipping costs as $5.85 plus $ 2.00
for each additional item with a max charge of $30.00. It is rather ridiculous in itself when a priority box is half that price,
When I went to checkout the shipping was $49.85. I had to request a new total from the seller and then paid on the 15th.

When the items were shipped I received a single tracking number for all 23 items. The package arrived on the 23rd but
there were only 21 cards sent. I notified the seller on the 24th and received this response - "our team not able to locate
those 2 cards, I will keep you an update as we are closed for holidays "

On Jan 2nd I received a spam email through PSA from the seller offering to buy my PSA registered 1975 Topps PSA set.
I reminded him I am still waiting on the 2 missing cards and they replied - "we had asked our team to check on this, if they
are not able to locate the card we will reimburse you for the 2 cards. Since we have more orders for this holiday our team
is checking if they had misplaced the card. We will do the needful on our end"

I then opened a case for a refund through eBay and today the case was closed and the refund was denied because the
tracking number the seller provided for all 23 items showed that they had been delivered.

The amount of money that was essentially stolen here is relatively minor ( less than $60 ) but it still pisses me off.
I shouldn't have to take all this time and effort to receive what I should have received in the first place. And I'm sure
many of you have already guessed the seller - sports-cards-forever

end-of-rant

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s ridiculous. You can pay for 100 items, be shipped one item, and be denied a refund because a package was delivered?

• Options
    davin72davin72 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I got thru the first sentence and knew exactly who you were going to say. This happens often with him cause he uses Amazon to ship all his items. He’s not the easiest person to deal with either.

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I would leave a negative for each card you didn't get saying what he did. I was getting a couple spam messages from him every day offering to buy cards and they kept coming even though I asked him to stop, Finally i told him I would ruin his ebay account if he sent me any messages and never heard from him again. That many negs might get you your cards.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

When you opened the case, did you say the item was not received, or you were missing pieces? Also, did you appeal? Open a chat and explain it was a multi-item shipment? For the most part it was probably handled via automation, you said item wasn't received, and then the AI checked the tracking which shows it was received, so at this point you need to get a human involved.

• Options

@jimq said:
    I would leave a negative for each card you didn't get saying what he did. I was getting a couple spam messages from him every day offering to buy cards and they kept coming even though I asked him to stop, Finally i told him I would ruin his ebay account if he sent me any messages and never heard from him again. That many negs might get you your cards.

He can't leave a negative because eBay thinks he BS'ing since he opened a case and it was denied. If eBay does allow the negs, the seller just needs to reach out and have them removed since he won the case. When a seller wins a case, the seller is fully exonerated, meaning no negs allowed as it is seen as retaliation.

• Options
    HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 327 ✭✭✭

You are 100% correct

• Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2024 11:43PM

ive never heard of ebay siding with a seller ... did you pay through ebay or paypal ?

regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options

I paid through eBay with a credit card.

• Options
    PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 191 ✭✭✭

Get someone on the line at eBay and tell them to look at your message exchange confirming the issue.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Albeit too late in this case, the correct course of action would have been to open and "item not as described" instead of not received. Every time if tracking shows delivered, you are out of luck.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Albeit too late in this case, the correct course of action would have been to open and "item not as described" instead of not received. Every time if tracking shows delivered, you are out of luck.

Everyone who doesn't know this should try and remember this...use "Item Not As Described" to avoid automatically losing a dispute which was delivered.

My advice is to call ebay. They are always helpful to me and they always start the call by thanking me for 22+ years of business. I use the help feature from the mobile app and request for them to call me. Usually I get a call within 5 minutes...usually much less.

• Options
    edited January 8, 2024 5:07PM

I generally only use Chat (as you get a transcript at the end), and it works just fine. Rather than using Item not as described, I would use the missing items/components option, but never Item not received as you did receive a package, so you are just gluten for punishment picking that option.

• Options

@fightfraud24 said:
    I paid through eBay with a credit card.

So you going to reach out to eBay to appeal, or you going to roll over?

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2024 6:14PM

@RufussCkingston said:
    I generally only use Chat (as you get a transcript at the end), and it works just fine. Rather than using Item not as described, I would use the missing items/components option, but never Item not received as you did receive a package, so you are just gluten for punishment picking that option.

Transcript....that's definitely a good call. I expect all calls are recorded and I get sick of typing.

Are you sure he isn't a glutton for gluten-free punishment?

• Options
    edited January 8, 2024 7:50PM

While I wasn't asking for advice I appreciate everyone here trying to be helpful.
    What I definitely won't do is to be insulted or goaded into either action or inaction.
    It doesn't matter to me how high someone's post count may be.

• Options

yep..... def Gluten-Free punishment..... from behind! :D

• Options
    HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 327 ✭✭✭

You’re not going to win that battle if tracking shows delivered.

• Options
    jraytayjraytay Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

@fightfraud24 said:
    While I wasn't asking for advice I appreciate everyone here trying to be helpful.
    What I definitely won't do is to be insulted or goaded into either action or inaction.
    It doesn't matter to me how high someone's post count may be.

When I joined this forum for fun I soon found out the same as you mentioned about the high post counters.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller charges too much for shipping, but his charges are openly stated
    If seller told you he would reimburse you for the missing cards, I am a bit confused at your problem.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Seller charges too much for shipping, but his charges are openly stated
    If seller told you he would reimburse you for the missing cards, I am a bit confused at your problem.

Him saying he will provide a refund doesn’t equate to him actually providing it. He has a spotty track record there, and I would think eBay denying the refund would certainly embolden him not to offer it.

• Options

Persistence wins! Glad to hear it.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear it worked out.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great info listed, thank you!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.