Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Opposite of Parking Lot Finds

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 6, 2024 12:50PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Everyday I am asked about someone's parking lot finds.

Way too many requests to answer and the answer is always the same. It is getting quite old.

So I decide to post the opposite of parking lot finds....

Post yours ...

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2024 6:37PM

So not pm? This is from the mint?

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@handyman said:
    So not pm? This is from the mint?

All from the mint and all in Mint State.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

@Eighteen63 said:

Is that one of those multi-million $ bi-centennial quarters I heard tell of? ;)

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am going to miss your threads with cool errors, ctf

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

In honor of @ctf_error_coins 🤣 😂 Or should I say in memory? 🤣 😂

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

• Options

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang! HIs contributions will be missed.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davewesen said:
    I am going to miss your threads with cool errors, ctf

Wow I'm off line for the day and something happened, what was it?

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed it too.
    Lots of banning in the past 6 months or so.
    Some understandable and warranted, others were long time members who positively contributed and will be missed. :'(

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was bashing PCGS pretty heavy on a photography job posting.

Alot of expertise just went bye bye

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options

@kaz said:

I don't think this guy is banned, he's just in a timeout and in jail. No life sentence or death penalty yet........I don't think.

Put if he keeps it up, he'll feel the guillotine.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@kaz said:

I don't think this guy is banned, he's just in a timeout and in jail. No life sentence or death penalty yet........I don't think.

He's banned. His avatar shows the circle with the diagonal slash through it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@kaz said:

He's banned. His avatar shows the circle with the diagonal slash through it.

Really? Hmmm! Okay, I guess the guillotine fell. I stand corrected. Thanks!

• Options
    humanssuckhumanssuck Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LeeBone said:
    Missed it too.
    Lots of banning in the past 6 months or so.
    Some understandable and warranted, others were long time members who positively contributed and will be missed. :'(

The forum rules are clear, publicly posted, and the mods in general have awarded people a lot of lattitude or warnings prior to bans. Being knowledgeable or contributing to the forum is not a valid excuse to behave however you want.

• Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe he can come back, similar to others who have been allowed to return.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beware,the Ides of March.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

Opposite of parking lot ?
    Found this (?) in a parking lot, inside my used 94 pick up truck. I thought it was interesting so i kept it.

If spendable, where ?

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    If spendable, where ?

Here:

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Beware,the Ides of March.

Actually that's March 15th

• Options

Wait for it,, wait for it...

Coins dude,
    @IkesT , not how you make your pasta.
    Did you know.....To make sure your pasta is cooked to perfection, remove a morsale, and stick it,
    to a smooth surface by throwing it. If it clings on, its ready to strain.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    Opposite of parking lot ?
    Found this (?) in a parking lot, inside my used 94 pick up truck. I thought it was interesting so i kept it.

If spendable, where ?

I believe that this item is a belly dance costume thin imitation Arabic coin.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy Cow! He's been banned? Why?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:

If I had to guess, it's the photography job listing thread. He insulted our hosts repeatedly.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@TomB said:

If I had to guess, it's the photography job listing thread. He insulted our hosts repeatedly.

That had to be it and the offending posts have been removed.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    jfriedm56jfriedm56 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn’t this supposed to be opposite of parking lot finds? So?

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2024 3:46AM

@TomB said:

I think that the smug alerts at corporate were driving them crazy and they couldn’t remove the battery.

I like to see the coins that he displays, and I hope that he comes back shortly with the best parole announcement giveaway ever.

Edit: I amended the second sentence.

• Options
    edited March 27, 2024 4:15AM

@tcollects said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@TomB said:

now that you've defeated your coin forum nemesis, what are your next collecting goals?

Wasn't me. I don't report people. I also don't care about dissenting opinions.

When I first came on here, Chris and I got along and actually seemed to be friends. Somewhere along the way, he came to despise me and ridiculed almost every business observation I made - including pretty standard ideas like inventory turnover. But, I never put him on "ignore" and, while I'm not sure I'll actually miss him, I never wanted him to go away.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2024 5:08AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@tcollects said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@TomB said:

now that you've defeated your coin forum nemesis, what are your next collecting goals?

When I first came on here, Chris and I got along and actually seemed to be friends. Somewhere along the way, he came to despise me and ridiculed almost every business observation I made - including pretty standard ideas like inventory turnover. But, I never put him on "ignore" and, while I'm not sure I'll actually miss him, I never wanted him to go away.

I do report people, on occasion. Despite our strong differences, I didn't in this instance. If PCGS happened upon the thread, it probably didn't take them very long to make their decision.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@tcollects said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@TomB said:

oh stop it, we know you miss him already

• Options
    CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2024 6:08AM

Chris was talented but smug and righteous even when he didn’t have the high ground. Him and I butted headed from some of his earliest posts when he bragged about ripping a pricy error off eBay off a newb. I won’t miss him but coin collectors including my self are often a stubborn and eclectic bunch. If everyone of some value gets banned (even if situationally called for) there won’t be much left here.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tcollects said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@TomB said:

Ok, that's funny. :D

• Options

@tcollects said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@tcollects said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@TomB said:

oh stop it, we know you miss him already

Who?

:wink:

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not defeated unless he chooses not to come back. I had the same avatar recently while in time out.
    Although, their email to me specifically mentioned that it was temporary and without a release date.

• Options

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not temporary as he was over the top with the PCGS insults on that thread. I'll miss him, though. A good contributor and a very talented photographer

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    jughead1893jughead1893 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see. And I never dissed the host Just the current political environment.
    Never again well until we have to break out the pitchforks.

• Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file