Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2023 Topps Chrome LeBron James's son Bronny James Rookie only sold for $3.6k? LOL

What are your thought on this Bronny James Rookie card? I know it wasn't a RPA but I am very surprise it only had 3 bids and sold for $3.6k only. No one think it has any potential as an investment? Or it ended close to the yr end and people forgot?

https://goldin.co/item/2023-topps-chrome-mcdonalds-all-american-superfractor-20-bronny-james0t90s?queryId=eyJxdWVyeUlkIjoiY2YyZTVmNjE0OTBiOGE3NmQ4ZjlmY2FmZmY4YjkzNzQiLCJjYXJkSW5kZXgiOjF9

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

terrible economy? out of control inflation??

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unproven player, even at the collegiate level, and a heart issue that could end his career at any moment.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

$3.6k 💸

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Lebron forgot to bid it up?

Plus it looks like a upper deck metal universe card with the street clothes.

Mike
  • Options
    Browns1981Browns1981 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a shockingly low price compared to what people have paid for equally unproven NBA rookies.

• Options

@Browns1981 said:
    That’s a shockingly low price compared to what people have paid for equally unproven NBA rookies.

…. Who actually made the NBA, something Bronny hasn’t done.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to prospect for NBA rookies when the Pistons were competitive. I stopped because the bust % is very high in the NBA for even first rounders. For every Steph Curry there are a 3 dozen Darkos.

Mike
  • Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I don't think that's too low. I'm honestly surprised it sold that high. All of his touches are uploaded to YouTube the day or so after each game and it is far from Impressive...very far. I would go as far to say I would invest in Mikey Williams over Bronny, even with the legal issues, and there are better prospects than Williams. Unfortunately the prices are outrageous on NBA prospects cards.

If you can get a LbJ rookie PSA10 for less than the Bronny...I'd buy the LBJ as a much much much more solid investment.

Heck I would have suggested a Caitlin Clark Bowman over the Bronny.

If Bronny stays healthy and has a decent college career then will he go pro? If LBJ commits to playing on the same team as Bronny, and if LBJ is still making valuable contributions, then I see the stars aligning for Bronny to make it into the NBA. I'm sure Panini, Fantatics, and the NBA would love to cash in on it but I would expect Bronny to sit once LBJ retires.

Bryce James is the one to keep an eye on. Odds of being as great as dad is low but he's likely working hard to get noticed and maybe he puts in the work to achieve greatness.

• Options
    McvillagehtxMcvillagehtx Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

CJ Stroud Bowman superfractor auto just went for lower than that. People aren't too excited about these pre rookie cards in football and basketball. I am sure once Stroud has a 1/1 Optic or Select it will for for six figures or close. Same for Bronny.

• Options

@JolleyWrencher said:
    I don't think that's too low. I'm honestly surprised it sold that high. All of his touches are uploaded to YouTube the day or so after each game and it is far from Impressive...very far. I would go as far to say I would invest in Mikey Williams over Bronny, even with the legal issues, and there are better prospects than Williams. Unfortunately the prices are outrageous on NBA prospects cards.

If you can get a LbJ rookie PSA10 for less than the Bronny...I'd buy the LBJ as a much much much more solid investment.

Heck I would have suggested a Caitlin Clark Bowman over the Bronny.

If Bronny stays healthy and has a decent college career then will he go pro? If LBJ commits to playing on the same team as Bronny, and if LBJ is still making valuable contributions, then I see the stars aligning for Bronny to make it into the NBA. I'm sure Panini, Fantatics, and the NBA would love to cash in on it but I would expect Bronny to sit once LBJ retires.

Bryce James is the one to keep an eye on. Odds of being as great as dad is low but he's likely working hard to get noticed and maybe he puts in the work to achieve greatness.

I wish I could click “agree” more than once!

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭

I read the title and thought the OP was goofing at the ridiculous high price of a nobody relative of a somebody.
    I thought so too.
    Then I read his post and it said $3.6K "only."
    Now I'm confused. LOL

• Options

@SammyC said:
    What are your thought on this Bronny James Rookie card? I know it wasn't a RPA but I am very surprise it only had 3 bids and sold for $3.6k only. No one think it has any potential as an investment? Or it ended close to the yr end and people forgot?

https://goldin.co/item/2023-topps-chrome-mcdonalds-all-american-superfractor-20-bronny-james0t90s?queryId=eyJxdWVyeUlkIjoiY2YyZTVmNjE0OTBiOGE3NmQ4ZjlmY2FmZmY4YjkzNzQiLCJjYXJkSW5kZXgiOjF9

3 people thought it was an investment...Bronny, LBJ, and Goldin...jk

I'd be curious to know how many bids it would have received on ebay. I'm sure it would have had more attention internationally and nationally.

I don't share your opinion but that doesn't make me right. Maybe he explodes as he develops. It would be hard for anyone with the pressure he's feeling to put up big numbers with the spotlight on him. Heck I'm sure some of the LBJ haters have already professed their dislike for him all over social media. For his sake, and the sake of the game, I'd love to see him dominate but he will need to up his game in March when it matters. If USC is a final 4 team and he doesn't choke then the cards value has more potential. I wouldn't have tried selling his card if I thought it was going up until the tournament begins and I would have had the auction end after the first round when they likely are still in it. Selling before makes me think the owner didn't have confidence in the card as an investment.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

@Browns1981 said:
    That’s a shockingly low price compared to what people have paid for equally unproven MLB draft picks.

fixed.

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Unproven player, even at the collegiate level, and a heart issue that could end his career at any moment.

You know I think there was more than one b-ball player whose heart issue (especially if they had no idea he had it) ended more than his career sadly... :,(

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 197 ✭✭✭✭

Bronny should write a swear word on a ball and have it show up in a card photo. It's a fool-proof method for having a card that's more valuable than one of a famous family member.

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

Honestly I wouldn't pay $360.00 for his card. He's done nothing. He has a heart condition. If he came out today he probably wouldn't even be a lottery pick.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2024 6:06PM

The card is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but not by much...

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

@Copyboy1 said:
    Honestly I wouldn't pay $360.00 for his card. He's done nothing. He has a heart condition. If he came out today he probably wouldn't even be a lottery pick.

and by 'If he came out today he probably wouldn't even be a lottery pick' means what I hope it does, I agree !!!!

• Options

He probably wouldn't even be at USC but rather a team from my state like the Hawkeyes. Lebron had ESPN televising his games while Bronny likely won't make a top 10 highlight real all season.

I am not meaning to knock Bronny, or any athlete with good sportsmanship, but I think there's good reason the card didn't get to levels others expected.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before he had the heart problem he was an excellent, well rounded player. He would have had a nice College career.

Being a lottery pick was always considered a long shot. He was much more like a late first or second round pick.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2024 8:51AM

Bronny started for the first time (!) yesterday and shot 0 for 7.

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

He should tank and then go undrafted, can sign with lakers

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

If his name was Bronny Jones, no one would give 2 cents for card.
    Money flushed down the drain.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

Bryce has much better moves than Bronny but he's also making his moves on 4star, or less, athletes for the most part.
    I'd be surprised if either becomes starters in the NBA, highly doubt they get a ring, mvp award, or all-star nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if neither see a minute of playing time in the NBA.