Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2018-19 Absolute Memorabilia Luka Doncic Tools Of Trade Patch Auto L4 GREEN RPA /5 (Appraisal?)

alextmz2alextmz2 Posts: 5

Hi,

I have a friend who owns this card in Mexico. Trying to purchase it from him but difficult to put a price on it. The current offered price is 7k. Wanted to get some feedback and any advice if this card is worth the 7k or even more.

Best regards,
AT

Answers

• Options
    JolleyWrencherJolleyWrencher Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

@alextmz2 said:
    Hi,

I have a friend who owns this card in Mexico. Trying to purchase it from him but difficult to put a price on it. The current offered price is 7k. Wanted to get some feedback and any advice if this card is worth the 7k or even more.

Best regards,
    AT

Hard for me to put a price on this. Cards today are way more volatile than when I was a kid because rare cards are pulled the day of a release or sold directly from the manufacturer. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay and I don't feel comfortable putting up numbers like that for anyone who hasn't won at least a few championships. Steph Curry had some ridiculous streaks and records but nobody was putting up big money based on speculation of his game. I think the Durant, Westbrook, Griffin, and Harden era showed us that hype can last years and the memorabilia can crash below what it was worth upon release.

I'd only invest in that card if I already had 50k invested in solid vintage and 500k in the bank with my house paid off...or none of that if I had a sugar momma or huge inheritance coming my way.

The best advice I can give you is only buy it if you are absolutely certain somebody else will pay 10%-15% more.

Doncic is the type of player I think could be worth a lot because of the fans he has in another country. He's also currently in a position where a career ending injury would likely kill the value of the card.

Let us know what you do.