Home U.S. Coin Forum

Does PCGS ever offer specials on memberships?

I am referring to the actual memberships, such as gold or platinum, not services or submissions. I think that it's time for me to enter the slabbing fray finally.

Comments

  • psuman08psuman08 Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

    Not that I am aware of.

  • rsei0120rsei0120 Posts: 124 ✭✭

    Yes if you become a member they will give you up to 8 vouchers, depending on which you choose, but I think it is 2-8 vouchers, I did the highest membership and got 8 vouchers

  • Morgan13Morgan13 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭

    They offer monthly specials but not membership specials.
    Platinum will be your best bet. 8 submission vouchers, a shirt and a decent loupe.
    You basically get your money back with the vouchers.

    Student of numismatics and collector of Morgan dollars

  • johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Extremeengineer said:
    I am referring to the actual memberships, such as gold or platinum, not services or submissions. I think that it's time for me to enter the slabbing fray finally.

    Do you have coins you want to share via photo prior to slabbing?

  • @johnny010 said:

    Do you have coins you want to share via photo prior to slabbing?

    Sure, I will do that before sending them. Honestly the first batch is made up of coins that I am sure the many here who first consider ROI would scoff at. It’s a group of common circulated Morgans, 50s and 60s proof coins and a few others. They are the first coins I was given by both sets of my grandparents, so I’m preserving them for their infinitely high sentimental value irrespective of their market value.

  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

    They use to sell memberships on ebay years ago. I can't remember the pricing but combined with ebay bucks at the time it was a deal.

    Many happy BST transactions
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Does ebay offer ebay bucks any longer?
    Jim


    When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2024 4:41PM

    @jesbroken said:
    Does ebay offer ebay bucks any longer?
    Jim

    No and recently I got an offer of $5 off $50 purchase if bought through the app. Excludes coins and some others. All their deals excludes coins and bullion now.

  • JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2024 4:49PM

    Anyone else remember the good old days 2008. I remember that date because Microsoft was promoting something (wasn’t it Bing is that still around ?) and I (we) could buy 2008W gold Buffalo fractionals with the Microsoft promo and eBay bucks were less than the mint price

  • johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Extremeengineer said:

    @johnny010 said:

    Do you have coins you want to share via photo prior to slabbing?

    Sure, I will do that before sending them. Honestly the first batch is made up of coins that I am sure the many here who first consider ROI would scoff at. It’s a group of common circulated Morgans, 50s and 60s proof coins and a few others. They are the first coins I was given by both sets of my grandparents, so I’m preserving them for their infinitely high sentimental value irrespective of their market value.

    Cool
    I’d do the same

  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

    No memembership deals except vouchers and locking you in. I'm in the lowest tier at $49 and as long as I keep renewing it does not go up.
    bob :)
    vegas, baby!

    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), [email protected]
  • @AUandAG said:
    No memembership deals except vouchers and locking you in. I'm in the lowest tier at $49 and as long as I keep renewing it does not go up.
    bob :)
    vegas, baby!

    So do all tiers offer a discounted renewal? If so is it a flat discount regardless of tier, or is it stepped?

  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

    To my knowledge, there has only been 3 memberships, Silver has no vouchers, Gold has 4 vouchers and Platinum has 8 vouchers. I do not remember ever being a 2 voucher membership, but I could be wrong. My voucher submission just arrived today and it expires this month. Whew just made it!
    Jim


    When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Extremeengineer said:

    @AUandAG said:
    No memembership deals except vouchers and locking you in. I'm in the lowest tier at $49 and as long as I keep renewing it does not go up.
    bob :)
    vegas, baby!

    So do all tiers offer a discounted renewal? If so is it a flat discount regardless of tier, or is it stepped?

    I think that that would be the case. Might want to call CS just to be sure.

    bob :)

    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), [email protected]
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don't know. I'd say the perks for continued membership keeps me in Heather's good graces.
    I figured that's the only reason she hasn't banned me :joy:

    Platinum, baby !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file