Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A coworker shared this article with me

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought you might want to read it and gain some cutting-edge insights into the numismatic marketplace. Enjoy!

https://news.hillcountryweekly.com/rare-bicentennial-quarter-worth-nearly-80-million-3-more-worth-over-20-million-usd/

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, @lordmarcovan for the unbiassed and useful information.

You made my day.

• Options

You’re welcome. :D

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the heck was that article. I never did get to the part about the $80 million quarter. :#

Isn't Artificial Intelligence wonderful. 🙄

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

She’s looking out for you. Her intentions were good anyways.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options

@JBK said:
    What the heck was that article. I never did get to the part about the $80 million quarter. :#

I did wonder if ChatGPT wrote that...

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

That made the second page of the Google news feed. Nonsensical to me. Suspect as AI.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen them before. I didn't even look at the 60 million dollar coin. It's comical for sure

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:

@JBK said:

I did wonder if ChatGPT wrote that...

@Namvet69 said:
    That made the second page of the Google news feed. Nonsensical to me. Suspect as AI.

I almost guarantee it is NOT AI. It's intentional, fictional hype. No coin, much less a bicentennial, has sold for $80 million.

• Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is just bizarre. The text does not even match the title.

Vplite99
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vplite99 said:
    That is just bizarre. The text does not even match the title.

It's just trying to get you to click through on one of the links in the "article" itself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file