Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sports card conventions in 2024 - advice needed.

I returned to the hobby almost a year ago after being away for for over two decades. My buddy who lives in Oregon is also back in and we want to attend a really good Sportscard convention somewhere need Southern California/ San Diego/ Los Angeles County. I have gone to 4 shows since I returned to the hobby and three of them had pretty much just recent cards. In one show I could not find one PSA 8/9 vintage card in the entire show. My buddy and I collect cards that are pre 1981 and we are looking for a show that has ample PSA 8-9 hall of famers.

Since he will be travelling hundreds of miles I want to make sure he's not wasting his time going to a convention that has less than 10 dealers with good vintage material. Does anyone know of a 2-3 day convention that has ample dealers selling vintage material?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s one in Pasadena in January (I think). I’m going to have to find the as to confirm dates and who’s putting it on. When I saw the dates and knew I couldn’t make it I sort of lost the mental thread. It’s a 2 day event.

• Options
    Yankees70Yankees70 Posts: 138 ✭✭

Bump

Can anyone help? Thank you.

• Options
    rbsalezmanrbsalezman Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

You can try the Burbank Show that's in Ontario in Mid-February. I'd recommend calling the promotors to get an idea on which dealers that specialize in vintage will be set up there. As a bonus, PSA will very likely be set up there taking submissions.

• Options

Great info rbsalezman thank you. I will definitely contact them.