Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Autograph Ink Recommendations!

Hi everyone! I'm going to print out a 16x24 print of the attached photo to mail to Authentic Signings, Inc. for Sylvester Stallone to autograph!

They are going to have Mr. Stallone personalize the autograph for us, with a note to the left of the statue and his signature to the right of the statue!

I'm a complete noob as far as autographs are concerned! I had a few questions for you guys:

1) What color ink would look best on this photo? Silver, gold, blue? (Nothing drives me crazier than when an autograph "blends in" to the picture and you can barely see it... I'm curious what color you guys think would "stand out" the most!

2) I will be printing this picture to send into Authentic Signings. They recommended Mpix. What kind of print would be best for an autograph? Giclee, Standard Poster Print, or maybe even Canvas?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide, so appreciate it!!
Tony

Comments

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

Depending on how long of an inscription you're going for and if you think it would fit, I would almost just recommend blue sharpie in the upper left corner of the photo in the sky area.

IDK if you've subbed something like this to a signing before, but I would also recommend putting a post it note with an arrow to where you want it signed and state on the post it note, exactly how you want it written out and what pen you want used. That way it's dummy proofed.

• Options

@swish54 said:
    Depending on how long of an inscription you're going for and if you think it would fit, I would almost just recommend blue sharpie in the upper left corner of the photo in the sky area.

IDK if you've subbed something like this to a signing before, but I would also recommend putting a post it note with an arrow to where you want it signed and state on the post it note, exactly how you want it written out and what pen you want used. That way it's dummy proofed.

Thank you so much for the advice, I really appreciate it!! I've never done a signing like this before - that's a great idea about the post-it note!!!
    I think that would be a great idea about using the blue ink in the sky area!! However, the inscription they're allowing me to do is quite lengthy, so while it might start on the light blue sky background in the upper left corner, most of the inscription will probably be halfway down the left side of the picture (which is mostly dark green bushes and trees).

So I'm thinking the autograph will cover the light blue sky, the dark green bushes and trees, and maybe some of the tan-colored Art Museum. Do you think blue would still be the best option to stand out over all that? Thanks so much again, really appreciate it!!