Home Sports Talk
Options

Carded on MLB Network...airing this week...

GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have it posted here and over on the Card Section...
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-s-carded-show-a-must-for-baseball-card-fans

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the link. Enjoyed the show.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

the only thing about Carded is: I feel the footballer's - the basketballer's - the hockeyer's , and the non-sporter's get left out...

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a show called the card life, it’s on Bally sports Midwest I’ve only seen bits and pieces usually before WPT comes on.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    There’s a show called the card life, it’s on Bally sports Midwest I’ve only seen bits and pieces usually before WPT comes on.

i once in a thread on this forum, tried to convince a member here, who also happens to still very actively post, to attend the WSOP main event. The first rough idea was to divide the $10,000 entry fee cost into say 20 shares at $500 per share, and allow members here to buy shares. I committed to at least one share, with if it needed to fill up, buy-in for some more shares.

The member who arguably is the most trusted member on here, would collect the money, attend the tournament, and if he made it to the bubble or further, when he got back home, would distribute the winnings to us thru PayPal or some other means. PayPal would probably be the easiest way, gift it, and there's no fees. Winners would be responsible for their own taxes, etc.

I thought it would be great fun, and he could live update us here on how he was doing, his interesting hands, etc. But frankly, there wasn't much member response to the idea, and he turned it down anyway.

However several years have passed, so I thought I'd mention it again, because I still think it's a very interesting and entertaining idea. I know I'd certainly get 500 bucks worth of fun out of it, even if he didn't make the bubble which of course most don't. But can you imagine, with a little of luck, if that member is sitting there at the final table, with all of us having a winning ticket? The only question would be what will the ticket be worth? 😎

• Options

airing again on the MLB network Sunday March 31 11:59 AM...um that's my time... :)