Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Your Assistance is Requested in 3 hrs as I transition to primarily proof finish circulating coins.

CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭
edited December 31, 2023 2:10PM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

I have some Lincolns, a 1936-S Buffalo Nickel PCGS MS-67 (Toned), a 1937-D Buffalo Nickel PCGS MS-67+ (CAC Green) (Toned), and some Jeffersons to be auctioned by Great Collections: https://greatcollections.com/Sell/Current

Please share this opportunity with others as they will make great after-Christmas presents.

Comments

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with your new collecting endeavor. While it’s not clear what area(s) you’ll be focusing on, I love proof coins. The super-watery mirrors, sharper strikes, potential for CAM and DCAM features, etc, truly show the coins as their designers envisioned they would look. For my collection, I’ve put together a 1936 - 1942 U.S. Proof Set and a 21st Century Proof Type Set. But mainly, I’ve often used Proof coins in my older Type Sets! I’ve found that not only do they offer greater eye appeal than their Mint State counterparts, but surprisingly, they are often less expensive than a Mint State coin in the same grade! Additionally, a CAM version is often only a few dollars more than one with no CAM suffix!

Enjoy, and Happy Hunting my friend!

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options

First, thank you so much for your comments. You have hit the target of reasons for my evolution. My focus will be on modern PCGS-graded coins.

There are two other advantages to focus on proof coins: 1) less grade-inflation and less space requirements than their mint state counterparts.

Thanks again and I wish you and your family the merriest of holidays and a healthy and prosperous New Year.

Casabrown

• Options

ttt

• Options

Any questions?

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a question…

‘’As I transition to primarily proof finish circulating coins.’’

What are you looking for? Proofs that circulate in our change? Example?

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Happy Holidays My Friend,

I am looking for US coins in proof finish from 1936 to present.

Best regards,

• Options

Happy Holidays to you and the family as well.

But, you are already the HALL OF FAME winner for these coins. This is why I didn’t understand comments about your new collecting endeavor. But, you’ve essentially moved back a few decades now as well - yes?

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Actually, I have received Hall of Fame in 2017 for my 1936 to present mint set with much of the last of these being sold via Great Collections.

In 2015, I received Hall of Fame for my 1968 to present proof set, which is the reason I am focusing upon the 1936 to present proof coins.

I am also focusing upon modern circulating and proof commemorative coins.

Many thanks for your inquiries.

• Options

Yes. I remember the 2015 award like it was yesterday. I didn’t realize you had also received the second Hall of Fame award in 2017. Congratulations on that wonderful accomplishment.

Wondercoin.

• Options

Yes and I am thankful that your support had a lot to do with the 2015 award.

Best regards,

Casabrown

• Options

ttt

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Casabrown said:
    I have some Lincolns, a 1936-S Buffalo Nickel PCGS MS-67 (Toned), a 1937-D Buffalo Nickel PCGS MS-67+ (CAC Green) (Toned), and some Jeffersons to be auctioned by Great Collections: https://greatcollections.com/Sell/Current

Please share this opportunity with others as they will make great after-Christmas presents.

That link takes me to all MY coins that I have listed for sale, NOT YOURS!

• Options

My apologies. Here is an attachment.

• Options

Once again, my apology.

Attached is a file with the information.

• Options

ttt

• Options

ttt

• Options

Only 3 more days before the auction!

• Options

ttt

• Options

Two more days until the Great Collections auction of these coins.

All the best,

• Options

One more day

• Options

In about three hours!