Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

HOF Restricted Set Question - 1963 Fleer Yaz

Hi there! Longtime collector including of PSAs, but recently getting more involved.

I have a 1963 Fleer Carl Yastrzemski, PSA 7.5 I tried to add it to the "Hall of Fame Players, Managers, Owners, Executives, Pioneers, Commissioners & Umpires - Restricted Set" but got a reject stating it did not match the composite. Can someone tell me why this is? I'm assuming it has to do with it being a restricted set, as I know there's also a set without that designator that requires more individuals. Any info about why the Fleer doesn't fit and the difference between the two sets would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Brad

Always looking for vintage White Sox cards at reasonable prices.

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, not familiar with the set, so I’m just guessing. But does that set require RCs only?

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:
    Sorry, not familiar with the set, so I’m just guessing. But does that set require RCs only?

Nope. It requires playing years, but not RC. I.e., my 1970 Topps Mays fits in the set.

Always looking for vintage White Sox cards at reasonable prices.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Not doing set. Looks like cards of his playing years are listed. The fleer should be allowed. IMO.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am working on this set myself. Your card should be allowed. The only problem I have ever had was adding a 1974 Venezuelan Sticker Aparicio. This was not allowed since his last playing year was 1973. Although it would be allowed for his Master set it would not be allowed for this HOF set. Your Yaz should be allowed as I have many non-Topps cards added to my set.