Home Sports Talk

The 2 games Monday night football experiment

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this idea. May be a test run to eliminate the Thursday night game. Run both on Monday night. Less chance of a dud game with 2 on at the same time,on different channels. Much like what is done on Sunday. Players don't like the Thursday game routine.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't the NFL have 2 teams on MNF earlier this year too?

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not watch any Monday nighter's tonight: I was too busy over on the card section uploading... :)

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

Monday, September 18
    week 2
    New Orleans 20, Carolina 17
    Pittsburgh 26, Cleveland 22

@GroceryRackPack said:

@Steven59 said:

Monday, September 18
    week 2
    New Orleans 20, Carolina 17
    Pittsburgh 26, Cleveland 22

Oh yeah - was too occupied that night to remember NO vs Carolina was playing too, with Chubb's injury and the Cleveland crap game.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

They may very well have. I don't remember. So you may be right. If so were both games broadcast at the same time?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Don't know - Browns were on our Local Cleveland channel so that's what I was watching that (fateful) night.

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Week 2 and Week 3 each had two games.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have preferred just one game, both games starting at the same time was a pain

I primarily watched the Giants. Turned out to be a better game than I thought it would be.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they were not on simultaneously. start one at 6:30 and one at 8:15 or so. that way, if they are both close games you dont have to choose.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭

Exactly right please stagger the times!

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

My only complaints are that they put the score from the other game on the screen and kept giving updates. What if I want to watch one and tape the other and watch both without spoilers?

@Tabe said:
    My only complaints are that they put the score from the other game on the screen and kept giving updates. What if I want to watch one and tape the other and watch both without spoilers?

Those constant updates are for us nervous gamblers. :)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@Tabe said:

Those constant updates are for us nervous gamblers. :)

Facts 😄😄😄

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate the constant updates, even on Sundays. I seldom catch the 1:00 game on Sundays, so I record them all and watch without commercials. It drives me nuts when my eye catches the screen crawler and a score gets "spoiled" for me.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I hate the constant updates, even on Sundays. I seldom catch the 1:00 game on Sundays, so I record them all and watch without commercials. It drives me nuts when my eye catches the screen crawler and a score gets "spoiled" for me.

That must be like watching a movie and then someone tells you how it ends after it only just started.