Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

football collectors..

what do you collect?

my favs

emmitt
barry
walter
terry
roger
montana
elway
marino
rice

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

    hang on for a moment I could be a while here uploading... :)

  • mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

    HOFers, WSU alums, and Seahawks

    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Player collections: gino cappelletti, Andre Tippett, John Hannah

    I also collect PSA rookie cards of Patriots all time greats.

    Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

    Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox, 1968 Venz Sox

  • stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

    HOF player runs, Cowboys ring of honor.

    I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

  • WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

    Complete sets.

  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭







  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭







  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭







  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2023 7:36PM







  • jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Graded rookies of the guys I consider to be the Elite 8:

    Jim Brown
    Walter Payton
    Joe Montana
    Lawrence Taylor
    Jerry Rice
    Barry Sanders
    Emmitt Smith
    Tom Brady

    And since I am a fan of the 80s, I have all the key RCs from that decade too.

  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭








  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭








  • Tommy DeVito

  • davin72davin72 Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

    Steelers PSA graded team sets from 1950-1989.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

    for me, mostly Brady. I am trying to acquire all of the rookies. I have 20 out of the 43 (or 44) rookies. thankfully, I have all of the real biggies except for the showcase. looking to get one of those this coming year.

    I also have some key HOF rookies. All of the key 80s rookies as well.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Football wise everything is on the table.
    HOF'ers, Rookies, CFL'ers, etc.





  • BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I only dabble in FB. All I'll consider are from 73-84, but mostly the 70s. I like guys from the big teams of the 70s (Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys, Dolphins with HOFers and rookies thrown in).

  • stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

  • Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Roger Staubach
    Tony Dorsett
    1979 Topps
    1980 Topps unopened rack & Cello packs
    Walter Payton
    Bob Hayes
    Drew Pearson
    1972-1994 complete sets
    Earl Campbell
    Cowboys 1960-1995

    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • olb31olb31 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    for me, mostly Brady. I am trying to acquire all of the rookies. I have 20 out of the 43 (or 44) rookies. thankfully, I have all of the real biggies except for the showcase. looking to get one of those this coming year.

    I also have some key HOF rookies. All of the key 80s rookies as well.

    just sent in a 1972 and a 1974 bradshaw to sgc yesterday. My guess is a 7 on the 1972 (hoping for an 8), and an 8 on the 1974 (hoping for an 8.5)

    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

    Football Hall Of Fame Registry Set, and concurrently the Topps 1956-2015 Sampler with just Hall Of Famers and Future Hall Of Famers. Trying to stick to PSA 8-PSA 10 on a budget.

  • BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @sayheywyo said:
    Mainly rookies and HOFers. Stabler, because my wife's Grandpa took her to Raiders games and he'd take time to throw a few in the parking with kids pre-game. Largent, because my son took a pic with him and got his auto at the Seahawks first NFC Championship game.

    Awesome. I'm a huge Stabler fan (maybe my all-time favorite NFL guy). I like him because he was the coolest left hander around when I was a little kid, and I'm a southpaw too.

  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Working on an other run of Philadelphia sets from the 60's.
    Tight budget, so PSA, SGC 4-6.

  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

    70's Steelers

    Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

    Ignore list -Basebal21

  • thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

    Everything and anything Pat Haden related

    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

    image
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @olb31 said:

    @craig44 said:
    for me, mostly Brady. I am trying to acquire all of the rookies. I have 20 out of the 43 (or 44) rookies. thankfully, I have all of the real biggies except for the showcase. looking to get one of those this coming year.

    I also have some key HOF rookies. All of the key 80s rookies as well.

    just sent in a 1972 and a 1974 bradshaw to sgc yesterday. My guess is a 7 on the 1972 (hoping for an 8), and an 8 on the 1974 (hoping for an 8.5)

    Good luck to you!! I made my first submission to SGC last month. I got a 5.5 on a 1950 Otto Graham rookie. I was pretty excited about that one. I also got a Sub from PSA back in October. Got a PSA 9 on a Marino rookie. still contemplating whether or not I should resubmit and see if it will bump.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thekid8 said:
    Everything and anything Pat Haden related

    the Road Scholar... :)

  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

    Ignore list -Basebal21

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

    interesting to see that they kicked off at 12:30 back then. I wonder if the afternoon game was earlier than it is now?

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I got that 1950 Bowman Peyton Manning card as well!! 😄😄😄

  • Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Chicago Bears. Includes favortite players, HOFers, interesting vintage, and all things Walter Payton.


  • olb31olb31 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    interesting to see that they kicked off at 12:30 back then. I wonder if the afternoon game was earlier than it is now?

    Might have been a Saturday game. I have been watching football since 1974, and the sunday games have always started at 1.

    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    interesting to see that they kicked off at 12:30 back then. I wonder if the afternoon game was earlier than it is now?

    Saturday game

  • RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭

    @Chicago1976 said:
    Chicago Bears. Includes favortite players, HOFers, interesting vintage, and all things Walter Payton.

    I don't collect football, but that Payton card is AWESOME !
    That defender looking over his shoulder like, "We have to cover up there, too?" LOL

  • Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

    I'm doing a HoF rookie registry set (to which multiple people on this sub have helped me with). Just 3 cards left to go. Sadly, one of them is the Nagurski...

    Currently ranked #15.

  • GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Copyboy1 said:
    I'm doing a HoF rookie registry set (to which multiple people on this sub have helped me with). Just 3 cards left to go. Sadly, one of them is the Nagurski...

    Currently ranked #15.

    hey Copyboy1,
    that's Cool... :)

  • I just subbed a bunch of 1981 and 1986 Topps cards. After looking at the pre-scans, I need glasses AND a loupe.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @olb31 said:

    @craig44 said:
    interesting to see that they kicked off at 12:30 back then. I wonder if the afternoon game was earlier than it is now?

    Might have been a Saturday game. I have been watching football since 1974, and the sunday games have always started at 1.

    Thank you, that makes sense. I have been watching since the 80s and it was always 1:00 then.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2023 7:46AM

    All AFL sets from 60-68. Bills and most recently a very nice investment in Josh Allen in 2018. Just a sample.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @RonSportscards said:

    @Chicago1976 said:
    Chicago Bears. Includes favortite players, HOFers, interesting vintage, and all things Walter Payton.

    I don't collect football, but that Payton card is AWESOME !
    That defender looking over his shoulder like, "We have to cover up there, too?" LOL

    He had many of those, one that was iconic in SI. It was a multi photo action shot and it was amazing how high and how far he could actually get.

    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

    Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
Sign In or Register to comment.