Home U.S. Coin Forum

NEWP 1844/81 Large Cent

RLSnapperRLSnapper Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been looking for an example of this variety for a while now. Already graded in a PCGS XF45 slab it was exactly what I had been looking for. AU 50 examples are double the price,...the sweet spot if you will. I think this is a solid example and am very pleased.
A shout out to Americana Rare Coin. Sydney was very helpful in working with me on the price. I will be working with them again! Let me know what you think!

Comments

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has a bit of "woodtone" toning too... I like it!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree on Americana
    Great experiences there multiple times.

Nice newp!

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice example of a neat variety.

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to find "nice." Most examples are well-circulated with the usual assortment ticks and marks.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one. A solid XF fo sho.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• jedmjedm Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super nice example, thanks for sharing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file