Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Share your 2024 world coin purchases

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 27, 2024 11:36AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

If you feel like sharing please do so. I will add mine in 2024 since I have done all the shopping I will be doing for 2023. One I get my coins graded I will add the 2023 purchases as well.

Collecting interests: Mexico & Peru early milled 1 reales + 1796-1891 US dimes

Sports: NHL & NFL

Thank you Lord for another beautiful day!!!

Comments

• PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2023 11:08AM

Got this one a while back the only numerically graded 1755 Mexico 1 real at NGC. PCGS has 1 as well that is higher that sold for 1560$ not long ago. I tried to win the PCGS example it had last sold for 300$ but for some reason 2 people just went at it and it grades XF-40. Not worth that kind of money in that type of grade at least not to me.

edited December 9, 2023 11:14AM

Here is the much nicer EF-40 PCGS graded that sold for 1560$ on an estimate of 75$ to 150$. Mine cost me 77$. I tried to win the PCGS example but I dropped out at 900$ even that amount felt wrong to be bidding for the grade. At that time zero had been graded by NGC (in any grades) hence my bid. But by luck someone sent in a few 1755's to NGC for grading and not long after mine showed up for sale.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-141I8H/mexico-real-1755-mo-m-mexico-city-mint-ferdinand-vi-pcgs-ef-40

• SimonWSimonW Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    Got this one a while back the only numerically graded 1755 Mexico 1 real at NGC. PCGS has 1 as well that is higher that sold for 1560$ not long ago. I tried to win the PCGS example it had last sold for 300$ but for some reason 2 people just went at it and it grades XF-40. Not worth that kind of money in that type of grade at least not to me.

There must be another reason for the extreme price. Was it an overdate or unknown variety? Even $300 for an XF is pretty strong money, not obscene, but high. $1560 is WAY high!

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

edited December 12, 2023 4:43PM

@SimonW said:

@PillarDollarCollector said:

There must be another reason for the extreme price. Was it an overdate or unknown variety? Even $300 for an XF is pretty strong money, not obscene, but high. $1560 is WAY high!

Here is the link:

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-141I8H/mexico-real-1755-mo-m-mexico-city-mint-ferdinand-vi-pcgs-ef-40

It was the only 1755 graded when that auction occurred so the highest graded and still is the highest graded. I could not believe the final hammer price it last sold for 300$. I am glad I did not end up buying at 900$ + the juice. Mine is uglier sure but at 77$ I am OK with it.

Possibly 2 collectors fighting for the highest example graded.

• bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice full 8 beads on this 5 Cent coin. Purchased in a ICCS AU 58 holder. Sent in to NGC and was quite pleased with the new grade.

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

My only purchase at FUN from Cody Bushey. Colors are nicer than this NGC "Glamour" shot.

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Two Morgans:

Front:

Back:

Front:

Back:

edited February 1, 2024 11:22AM

Happy to add this Mexico 1 real for the series I collect:

• lermishlermish Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

A number of kobans I've posted on my Koban thread. I also have a couple of neat coins in grading. But this one just arrived yesterday.

• tcollectstcollects Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭

@Coinlover101 said:
    I got this one today. Bolivia 1854 Commemorative 1/2 Escudo. Potosi Mint.

Eliasberg had one in his gold coin collection but this one is a better grade at MS61 vs AU Details.

cool coin