Home Sports Talk
Options

Is there a 12-step program for Cleveland Browns fans??

MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to stop watching but I can't and it's just not healthy for my mental state. :D Try as I might I keep going back. Right now I've been clean for about 15 hours but I feel that come Sunday I'll be at risk again. How do I stop?? Yesterday I didn't get the game but I drove 30 miles to watch with my sister. I got it bad. Help....................

Maywood.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Twelve current NFL teams have never won a Super Bowl: Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, and Tennessee Titans."

I try to tell people, all things being equal, the odds say your team is only going to win a Super Bowl once every 32 years.

That being said, there are examples of hiss poor teams, making some changes, and then some years later getting it done. For example, the Cowboys come to mind. They were 1-15 one year, and just three seasons later, won the Super Bowl.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your season just won't be as bad as my Pats so there is that lol

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Become a Bills fan and join me in 57 years of suffering. Actually I’m not counting 1964-65 AFL championships.
    4 SB’s in a row. Wide right
    The music city miracle
    13 seconds
    Two many men on the field for a missed FG.
    And on and on.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2023 7:18PM

Yes, we have ours. At the top of the list are "The Fumble" --- "The Drive" --- "Red Right 88" which makes me laugh because it's apparently a common thing for a fan-base to give their disasters nicknames!! :p

On top of all the injuries the Browns have suffered so far this season they are now embarking on what might be the fastest way to derail a season, a Kevin Stefanski induced quarterback controversy.

• Options

It's clear that you're struggling with a strong urge to watch or play something, possibly a game, and it's affecting your mental well-being. Breaking the cycle can be challenging, but recognizing the issue is a crucial first step. Consider seeking support from friends, family, or even professional help. Establish alternative activities to engage in when the urge strikes, and gradually replace the time spent on gaming with healthier pursuits. Remember, change takes time, and it's okay to ask for help along the way. Stay strong, and take it one step at a time