Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

1929 $5 Culver City, tougher bank.

Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 3, 2023 6:12PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Rough, but a tougher bank to find.

14 notes known on the bank. This one is a new pickup. Culver City, the city where my wife & I shared our first weekend together in 2007. I like to think a film star used this for lunch, circa 1930.

This one sold north of $700 on Heritage in 2012, had my eye on it at the time, and it finally reappeared. I have only seen one on eBay in the past ten years, a $10.

Appearances aren't too common. Culver City only issued notes in 1930, and they elected not to issue large size notes despite being chartered in 1920.

Rare Nationals &
Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool note and backstory.
    The upper edge trauma looks like it was torn, not cut, from the sheet.

• Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Cool note and backstory.
    The upper edge trauma looks like it was torn, not cut, from the sheet.

You are correct, I never actually considered why the amount of wear in the top margin is the way it is!

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals