Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Bo Jackson PRACTICE JERSEY

beg345beg345 Posts: 5

Bo Jackson jersey

Comments

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I wouldnt trust it. If you read the "letter" there is absolutely zero proof that jersey is anything other than a replica or a team-issued piece.

the entire first PP is nothing more than a physical description. The second PP says the client the jersey came from says it came from an impeccable source. That is nothing but second-hand knowledge of nothing.

I am shocked any reputable "authenticator" would stake their reputation on such tenuous claims

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭✭

The 069B is usually a source code for an item with GF. I don't recognize this particular code. They had different codes for items submitted for personal collections vs. items going directly to their auctions, where a ton of sketchy things happen behind closed doors.
    Best hope at this point is to use the interweb and try to photomatch the jersey. Short of having a team COA there isn't much substance to whether it is truly worn or not.

@gameusedhoop said:
    The 069B is usually a source code for an item with GF. I don't recognize this particular code. They had different codes for items submitted for personal collections vs. items going directly to their auctions, where a ton of sketchy things happen behind closed doors.
    Best hope at this point is to use the interweb and try to photomatch the jersey. Short of having a team COA there isn't much substance to whether it is truly worn or not.

based on what is in the actual letter of "authenticity" what would make GF think this item is game used or practice used? I see nothing at all. sure seems like they are taking the word of someone their client "knows"

• mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2023 8:08AM

First, welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't purchase it on it's face, given what you show us. If it's yours, I might suggest contacting Grey Flannels and sell through their site. Grey Flannels does appear legit although a five minute google search will also find many questioning their opinions and manner of authenticating material. Also, the last line at the bottom of the letter would be a deal killer for me.

The letter really does not offer enough proof of originality in my opinion. I would not be a buyer.

Good luck

Mark

@mark_dak said:
    First, welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't purchase it on it's face, given what you show us. If it's yours, I might suggest contacting Grey Flannels and sell through their site. Grey Flannels does appear legit although a five minute google search will also find many questioning their opinions and manner of authenticating material. Also, the last line at the bottom of the letter would be a deal killer for me.

The letter really does not offer enough proof of originality in my opinion. I would not be a buyer.

Good luck

Mark

that is a great point about the small print.

• swish54swish54 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with what everyone has already stated so I won't say it all over again but just add to it a little. I do give GF some credit (sarcastically) for them being transparent that they are basing their opinion based on an " impeccable source." That just seems like word fluff to me (especially hearing others say a quick google search shows shadiness) and now you may as well be taking the word of a friend of a friend of an uncle potentially. I would look at it from the position of when you need to sell it down the road, how comfortable do you feel in a source of which you don't know authenticated by apparently a shady company, of which you also don't know.

I wouldn't say they are red flags, but more yellow flags of a few sketchy things which add up in the end.

• vols1vols1 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Doesn’t it say the tags were cut off? How does anyone know the same tag was reapplied?

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone have any photos of Jackson or any other Raiders player wearing this style of practice jersey?

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.

Is Grey Flannel considered reputable?

• RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vols1 said:
    Doesn’t it say the tags were cut off? How does anyone know the same tag was reapplied?

From the impeccable source, of course. 😁

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Is Grey Flannel considered reputable?

Not really.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

that picture is not the GF jersey unfortunately; look at the font of the number four

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • jimqjimq Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2023 8:41AM

I agree with the photomatching idea. I have a Julius Peppers practice jersey with a definitive photo, it was hard to find.

Be careful. The worn jersey industry is more of a wild west than the card industry.

ETA My Pepper jersey is from camp in 2006. Other practice worn jerseys I've had have all been from August. Did Bo ever go to summer practice where he could wear a jersey like that, or was he playing baseball?

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2023 9:58AM

@jimq said:
    Did Bo ever go to summer practice where he could wear a jersey like that, or was he playing baseball?

That's a good point, He never joined the Raiders till AFTER baseball was over, thus he never did pre-season let alone training camp. But based on this pic, this was probably some PR shoot or something done in the Spring. Def not the same shirt due to the right side of the 4 on the shoulder. Also, the OP's shirt would be more like a men's Baby-T, as it is not meant to be tucked in, thus on the bigger linemen you see a lot of stomach when they are wearing them.

• Send a letter to Bo Jackson and ask him.

• I sent an e-mail a couple of days ago, no reply....yet...

I think you'd have better luck connecting with the "impeccable source"

IMF

• :D Either way. No one will know but Bo

• I’m happy with it either way. The letters and stitching is right. Nice replica if that. Will get it signed

• Go to the Bo Bikes Bama event next year. He'll sign it likely.