Home U.S. Coin Forum

USPS finally caught up to me

retirednowretirednow Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still preferred USPS over other carries and actually I will not let anyone send me a Coin via UPS. However after all these years of fine service - one USPS flop just hit my may box this weekend (and 30 Days after being mail).

I think it was an auction Catalog shipped in a box from Stacks - ( Not sure but I know I did not order or expected any coins) - this is what I received - a torn box label in an small envelop!

Oh well

OMG ... My Mother was Right about Everything!
I wake up with a Good Attitude Every Day. Then … Idiots Happen!

Tagged:

Comments

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess it happens to the best sometimes. I too will never allow UPS for any coin deliveries.

Sounds about right for auction catalogs from Stacks. I did not order any but received a box unexpectedly with 3 nice catalogs inside. I didn't win any of the coins but I did try.

I am in the middle of a problem USPS delivery but have my fingers crossed it turns out ok. Its been 16 days and has not left California yet. It has spent 12 days in one place.

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

They all have their problems. So I finally convinced my dad to send in his entire Morgan album to PCGS for grading. The graded it and sent it back Fedex. So much for Express. To add salt to the wound, they made ONE attempt to deliver it and my dad wasn't home so they sent it back. He was not happy.

• Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭

So it sat in the FedEX hub in Memphis from 6/7 until 7/20? Totally unacceptable!

• retirednowretirednow Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭✭

how sad... they wasted no time to return it. I trust he eventually had it deceived

I am on hold with Heritage now (as I type this) and going to ask them to delay a shipment to me for some lots won in the past auction. I do not trust delivery on any valuable boxes being mail in this window through Dec 25. - whether insured or not.

OMG ... My Mother was Right about Everything!
    I wake up with a Good Attitude Every Day. Then … Idiots Happen!

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2023 11:55AM

Worst time of year every year November 20th to early/mid January. To many lost and stolen packages for my liking I reduce buying to the very minimum and try not to buy at all during this time.

@retirednow said:
    how sad... they wasted no time to return it. I trust he eventually had it deceived

I am on hold with Heritage now (as I type this) and going to ask them to delay a shipment to me for some lots won in the past auction. I do not trust delivery on any valuable boxes being mail in this window through Dec 25. - whether insured or not.

Yes he go it. But PCGS charged him twice for shipping, which I think is wrong but customer service was too hard to get a hold of so he didn't pursue it.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2023 7:30AM

I use USPS, works fine with me. My preferred shipper. Big ticket material I buy sight seen at shows.

Coins & Currency
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every so often I'll receive a shipment of some sort that are intended for a company in another city. The last order that ended up on my doorstep were 36 gps units used on a dash for a vehicle. That's right, about $10,000 worth of equipment. I call them, they come and pick it up with apologies and leave.
    My last coin order went nowhere for 6 days and then ended up in KC, Kansas, about 1100 mile East past where it usually goes coming from the West. I sit in my chair and just shake my head.

Leo 😦

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

All services have their issues. Here's another fun one. Return coins from PCGS... LA to Phoenix is usually pretty quick. Until they decide to joy ride my coins through Missouri before bringing them to my house.

• TheGoonies1985TheGoonies1985 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2023 12:17PM

@PillarDollarCollector said:
    Worst time of year every year November 20th to early/mid January. To many lost and stolen packages for my liking I reduce buying to the very minimum and try not to buy at all during this time.

I have to admit touch wood I have never had a package lost or stolen in over 20 years just 1 damaged. And that was 100's (if not well over 1000 packages) of orders over the years (dvd's, games, books and so on).

I had maybe 25 packages worry me over that time but in the end they arrived safely.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file