Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hey, Merc folks...

I was going through my raw Mercs last night and came across many good condition coins I plan on submitting to PCGS. I came across 11 coins that, hopefully, will grade AU or better and I do not yet have any of those dates in slabs. I am going to prepare the coins and paperwork this weekend and ship them out on Monday morning. When I get them back, I will let you all know how I did.

When I'm done with this submission, depending on how happy I am with my results, I have a bunch of duplicate raw coins I will probably submit and then offer them up to you guys for sale or trade. That part of the plan may take a few months, though. Can only stretch the budget so far, you know. image
currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay

Comments

• Options
    Good luck with your submission, Beth.

Here's hopin' you end up with some nice dupes! image

Regards,

Don

Winged Liberty, and
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be interested on some of the dimesimage

Pat Vetter
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    raw or after slabbing?

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pm sent
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    Beth,
    Good luck on your submissions, I too was thinking the same thing on several of mine. We are waiting to see your results.image
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Beth,

I am always interested in nice No Bands coins...so I will be watching to see how you make out in your submission. I sure hope you cover more than the grading fees!

Rick
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    tggrtggr Posts: 748
    GOOD LUCK Beth with your submissions.I hope they come back in the grades you are looking for.

Rayimageimage
  • Options
    I read your post and I thought I mention that I am always interested in high quality circulated raw coins pre '34. I have been working on an AU 55-59 circulated set for years. I think you may have inquired about some slabbed coins I posted and I am always interested in trades too! Thanks Tony
    TC
  • Options
    OOOPS! Thought that was a PM!

Sorry all!

TC
    TC
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Good luck, with your submissions, Beth ... and, while we have a Merc thread started, and we know there is a dearth of collectors of that foul coin, let me pose a question to them: I know I am a lowly nickel man, but I do own some Mercs. My favorite is a Gem BU 43-S (alas, not full bands) with proof-like fields. You can see the die polishing marks and it obviously was one of the first coins off the die. Beyond the prooflike fields -- and they are great mirrors that stand out from my other BU Mercs -- a typical strike and marks, etc ... Can you expect a grade bump for proof-like and how big? Would it turn a 65 into a 67? I really do not know. Thanks!
  • Options
    Well, My submission results have been posted.

1 real disappointment (a body bag) image
    1 minor disappointment MS64 that I thought was MS65 image
    4 right on image
    5 Better than I hoped. image

Overall, not a bad submission. image

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    Sounds like you did very well
    Timimage
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Beth! It seems that you have a good eye or you are a conservative grader... either of which is a major positive. All too often we tend to overgrade our own coins.

Do you have any that you will be selling? This group is always interested in dupes...

Rick
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    Very good!!!!!!! I sure hope I fair as well on the next ones I send in......
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    Congrats Beth !

Walt