Home Sports Talk
Options

Tyreek Hill and the Peace Sign.

MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 22, 2023 8:39AM in Sports Talk

Why is the NFL worried about Tyreek Hill giving the Peace Sign when he scores a TD, to the point where a Referee warned him before last Sunday's game??

Maywood.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's ridiculous, I didn't hear anything about it.

Would they prefer he give a middle finger???

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think some are considering it taunting. wasnt there an incident against the Patriots a few years ago. didnt he flash it to our secondary, then after a pick or a tackle or something, wasnt it Mccourty that came over and flashed it in tyreeks face?

at least something like that happened.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did a Google search and apparently it's as @craig44 stated, some kind of taunting. I've watched enough NFL football in my life to know with certainty that much worse is said play-after-play in every game. What do the Refs think players are jawing about, asking each other how the wife and kids are??

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Allen got flagged for pointing and fined $10k. Was it a taunt? Both him and the defender were laughing because he got him on a fake pump. So I guess the peace sign is a taunt if a finger point is.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ridiculous, maybe they should start instructing the players to show no emotion and keep their arms down at all times.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

They don't call it the No Fun League for nothing. 😆

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2023 10:13AM

Forget it, it's Thanksgiving.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Allen got flagged for pointing and fined $10k. Was it a taunt? Both him and the defender were laughing because he got him on a fake pump. So I guess the peace sign is a taunt if a finger point is.

That call and subsequent fine on Allen was totally ridiculous!

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't OBJ get fined for the same thing vs the Browns when he scored on a pass to him?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah - I guess he did - I just looked it up............Now the question is WHY?

"BALTIMORE -- Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was reportedly fined $10,927 for unsportsmanlike conduct after flashing the peace sign as he made a touchdown in last week's game against the Cleveland Browns."

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"